Pump Suggestions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petrolhead

Regular.
Reaction score
I am getting to the point on my electric brew system build where I need to order a couple of pumps.

I am not in the market for the professional ones that are a good few hundred quid and would like to avoid the ones that are knocking on the door of £200 each. So without me buying rubbish can anyone suggest a good pump at a competitive price.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Try searching for a homebrew pump 3000 I believe I have read and seen some good reviews on Youtube so just search on youtube and watch the vids that should help but do not forget some are seller reviews

Ps I think they are around the £85 mark and prob cheaper if you order from China (Coronovirus free packaging?)

The pumps suggested above are Kaixin pumps they are a good pump, and will do the job, but make sure the temperature range suits your needs. They make all their pumps with various temperature ratings.

Only just saw this thread. Sorry to be out of step with everybody else (not unusual), but I use 3 of these....

C1189CEE-0808-4633-A27C-2E8F1340012D.jpeg
They are small so you have to make sure you don’t get any grain husks in the circuit. I use one to whirlpool/circulate the boiling wort another to circulate the wort from the mush tun to the heat exchange in my HERMS circuit and a third one to circulate the hot water in my heat exchanger to maintain an even temperature. So far I’ve had no problems (that’s spoilt it ashock1).

Only just saw this thread. Sorry to be out of step with everybody else (not unusual), but I use 3 of these....

View attachment 23450
They are small so you have to make sure you don’t get any grain husks in the circuit. I use one to whirlpool/circulate the boiling wort another to circulate the wort from the mush tun to the heat exchange in my HERMS circuit and a third one to circulate the hot water in my heat exchanger to maintain an even temperature. So far I’ve had no problems (that’s spoilt it ashock1).
I also use one of these, it can be temperamental, occasionally stopping mid mash, all adds to the chaos on brew days, it also requires priming.

When I put Hombrew pump 3000 into Amazon this comes up:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BuoQua-MP-...?keywords=homebrew+pump&qid=1583841675&sr=8-3

looks very similar, inc. price, so I guess they are all the same pump?
Yep, think so. I got one from AliExpress for about that money. Very pleased with it. You're going to need some stainless barb fittings and silicone tubing. I fitted a ball valve on the out port on mine to provide ability to throttle back flow - it's quite powerful

I also use one of these, it can be temperamental, occasionally stopping mid mash, all adds to the chaos on brew days, it also requires priming.
Not wishing to put the mockers on it mine have been ok. I line my mash tun with a mesh bag to hold the grain and stop bits getting into the pump rotor which I think is the biggest risk.

This is how I have mine setup.
20200310_182840.jpg

Below vessels so they can be primed with gravity, quick connects and a ball valve to controll flow on the output.
20200310_182848.jpg
20200310_182844.jpg

Thank you all, I will probably order up a pair this week. It’s a big jump to the £180-200 range so just can’t see the benefit.

Thank you all, I will probably order up a pair this week. It’s a big jump to the £180-200 range so just can’t see the benefit.
Yer it came down to price for me as well. I ordered one and after setting it up and using it, I ordered another straight away. Great pump good value.

It’s easy to spend other people’s money, I know, and maybe I’m the outlier here. But I’m shopping at a LHBS, where I know I can get parts and service, rather than sending money directly to a country who hates us, employs forced labor, and threatens to extort us by withholding medical supplies and ingredients. (Apologies. Rant over.)

It’s easy to spend other people’s money, I know, and maybe I’m the outlier here. But I’m shopping at a LHBS, where I know I can get parts and service, rather than sending money directly to a country who hates us, employs forced labor, and threatens to extort us by withholding medical supplies and ingredients. (Apologies. Rant over.)
Understandable, How3ver what happens If/when your LHBS shuts up shop like so many others. Then you can't get the parts and service.

Also in not sure China hates us they love that we and the rest of the world want to buy there cheap products, it's the main reason they have the best economy in the world

Back