Pump

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crappyfish

Landlord.
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good pump all I want it to do is circulate 23l brews. The one that came with my set up keeps sticking and is a bit underpowered.

What pump have you got?
Do you know why it keeps sticking?
What are you pumping?
Do you have a budget?
More questions than answers I'm afraid.
Here goes
Generic Chinese pump that came with one concept boiler
Pumping hot wort while mashing
Not really
It sticks even after I clean it even when taken apart to clean. It's a small magnetic pump

From my research on the subject the Blichmann Riptide seems to be considered the best of the best for re circulation pumps. Not cheap mind which is why I'm still doing it by hand.

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/pump-suggestions.85624/
You might find this thread of interest. Different views and opinions but that’s nothing new here! :laugh8:
There's loads of threads leading to Ali but put postage on there about the same as Amazon. Some decent views they all seem to lead to a pump that looks the same just different names. I will take a punt on the Amazon one it comes with the barbs on it and it probably last for years. Thanks

The little 12v brushless 'solar circulation' pumps off eBay work just fine for me... I've had one running for almost three days solid in the garage this week with nary a whimper from it.

Can't speak highly enough of them.

I've got about five different ones, mostly the ubiquitous beige ones, but I also have one of these black ones, which came a lot faster and seems to be a bit more powerful (although cost a couple of quid more):

12V 1/2'' Thread Brushless Water Pump Solar Power Hot Circulation Motor 480L/H | eBay
1604772814029.png

Latest posts

Back