Punch 4 day Chateau Rouge Style 30 Bottle Wine Kit Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DizzyDazz

Reaction score
Punch 4 day Chateau Rouge Style 30 Bottle Wine Kit by Creative Wine Making Ltd

7kg net weight
1 bag of juice concentrate/sugar with a screw cap.
1 Yeast/Nutrient sachet
1 Stabiliser sachet
2 Fining sachets

No sugar required.
ABV 10-12%

The juice bag and box can be converted into a wine box dispenser if you purchase a separate Punch screw on tap for £2.99

Recommended water temperature for pitching the yeast 20-30C.
Fermentation works best at room temperature, or above(21-27C).

I brewed this short to 20l instead of 23l and pitched the yeast at 21C. Fermentation was a bit on the slow side due to my kitchen being 17-20C. Fermentation ceased after 13 days and hydrometer read below 1000 I racked off the wine into another FV as per instructions even though there was very little sediment produced. After adding the stabiliser and finings I left it to clear for a further 3 days. From 20l I got 12 bottles of wine and 2 full demijohns.

On first tasting, I would say the wine is immediately drinkable, medium dry, medium bodied dark in colour and has a light berry/blackcurrant flavour. ABV 10-11%. Mr DizzyDazz and I thought this could pass as a store bought wine and not homebrewie at all.

Great review. :thumba:

Creative Wine Making Ltd have more kits than you can shake a stick at how do they compare price wise with other online sellers?

Difficult to say as I have mainly stuck to the Beaverdale kits in the past. Generally, I say you get what you pay for with wine kits, however, for the price of a £1 a bottle the Punch kit makes an acceptable red with a quick turnaround. Think I might try a white in their range next time.

they are the cheapest generally for beaverdale and CC wine kits. The punch wine kits are not bad for the money but the one I did threw a sediment in the bottle which I have never had before. Taste wise not as good as the said afore mentioned kits but well drinkable for the money and by the way where they get 4 days from I do not know.

I agree Beaverdale and CC are better kits but they are about 30% more expensive and I'm on a bit of an economy drive at the mo.

Opened a bottle a few days ago, and it appears to have thrown a sediment, which has well an truly stuck to the bottom of the bottle.

I usually decant it in to a carafe. Taste wise its ok for the money a cheap kwoffing wine

Back