Punch Chateau Rouge 30 Bottle Wine Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LED_ZEP

Reaction score
I'm making this for the third time so that should say something.
It's fruity and makes a lovely drink, one thing it's not doing is trying to emulate a good quality red wine but at around £30 that's fine.
There's no oak flavours, body is lacking but it's makes up for this with fruitiness, a light pleasant quaff.
If your looking for a cheap kit as a base for making additions too this would be great. I'm going to add some elderberries next time I make this but you could add some blackberries etc. If you have a small grape vine that doesn't produce enough grapes to make a worthwhile batch of wine, try adding to this.
One other thing it has a big pack of yeast/nutrient to try and make this fast fermenting. Just use a third of the pack and expect a normal two week ferment, why risk losing those fruity aromas to a violent fermentation.

1608988865690.png

Is the juice compound supplied in a bag (old style) or Jerry can type (new style)?
Sam said the new version is a different compound and should make a slightly better wine. Just wondering if you notice any difference?
I've done the bagged compound and thought it was tasty enough. Not long ago bought a Merlot and a Nebbiolo, new type so looking forward to see how they turn out

Cheers. Tom

It's 7Kg net weight of grape concentrate with sugar (so something under under 7l of liquid but not pure grape concentrate) in a bag. The best before date is Oct 21 so ain't old stock and I remember the one before was a in a bag, so I've not had the new jerry can style as yet.

Edit: I also made the nebbiolo and reviwed it a while back, Punch Nebbiolo 30 Bottle Wine Kit (From Creative Winemaking) but prefer this for the fruitiness

Last edited:
The two I've got both have September 22 dates and are in the Jerry can things.
I'm about 1/4 way through a kenridge classic Nebbiolo and I'm not getting £20 worth of improvement over the std £30 ish kits. If anything I'd say the beaverdale version I did a couple of years ago was nicer than the kenridge. Be a while before I get around to do the punch version.
Out of comparison I've opened a gifted bottle of m&s Italian red, listed at £8 on the ocado website. I preferred the punch house red although the marks wine isn't particularly highly rated.

Cheers. Tom

Latest posts

Back