Punk IPA DIY Dog Recipe Pack

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've just bottled my brew from a Punk IPA DIY Dog Recipe Pack from Brew UK. It was part financed by a gift card that I had for my birthday, I wouldn't usually spend that much on one brew and have never brewed a beer with 6 different hops before. I was a little down on both OG and final bottling volume but the taste I had from the bottom of the bottling barrel was lovely. I'm looking forward to trying it in a couple of weeks when it has conditioned. I might even buy some Punk IPA to compare it to.

I made a punk ipa a few months ago, not from a recipe kit but using the recipe from diydog and it really did turn out very nice. There's certainly a large amount of hops required but the final flavour was worth it.

I've just ordered the hops and yeast to make this based on the DIY Dog recipe. I wasn't a massive fan of Brew dog beers for quite some time but the lastest version of Punk IPA is very enjoyable. There are two BD bars here in Edinburgh and the Punk is never older than a month. For my tastes it has a great malt flavour and a nice freshness to the hops...which I'm hoping I can recreate. The hops should be posted tomorrow and I'll get brewing as soon as they arrive!

This has been bubbling away since Tuesday and smells great. Gonna follow the instructions to the letter and ferment for 14days (having made a yeast starter for a change!) then I’ll it to cool to 14c for the four day dry hop as it says in the diy dog recipe. Looking forward to how it turns out if for no other reason as to have something to compare it to!

Mine was very good. Everyone could spot the 'real' one in a comparison (for one thing mine wasn't very clear) but still said mine was very good.
I hope you enjoy yours

@RichardM
Good to know! I’m usually a bit ‘eager’ with the home brews and often don’t give each stage enough time to really give it its best chance so once the dry hop is done it’ll be cold crashed (and hopefully this’ll clear it up a bit from all the additional hop matter) and then kegged. I’ve a few mates keen to try this one!

I’ll report back in and around mid-August for an early taste and opinion!

Back