purple grape, apple n mango wowv

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheapbrew

Junk and disorderly
Reaction score
I bottled my purple grape, apple n mango wowv this morning and tried out my new auto siphon and bottling wand, the siphon took a bit of pumping to get primed ( funny it worked on first pump every time when I tested it in water) but I loved the bottling stick.

Me n the missus did a taste test and she said it was good, I said I thought it would benefit from being slightly sweeter so I back sweetened a little with sugar solution, I now have six bottles of nice looking rose that I'm gonna try and leave til xmas!

I corked four bottles and tried out the novatwist screw tops on the other two, so much easier to use, just tap down and screw tight, and as long as they are ok for longer term storage I'll probably move over to them once I use up my last eighty odd corks.

wow.jpg

Yeah we're looking forward to xmas, and I even managed to get the labels reasonably straight and in similar position, shame me handwriting is ****.

looking good mate, did you suffer much scrambled egg type sediment cos of the mango ?

Well finally xmas day arrived and at just after 9am we cracked the first bottle, and its absolutely feckin lovely :thumb::whistle::thumb:
got it spot on with back sweetening for everyone that tried it loved it, after a couple of bottles the family were debating how much a bottle I could sell it for and the step sons girlfriend who likes her rose, got her her rose out and then said mine was far better than her usual favourite and put it back in the fridge!

I'm well chuffed and definitely making another of this variation as soon as I can get to the shops and score some more juice!

2 x welch's purple grape juice drink (they are only 25% juice, I used two so 50%)
1 x Tesco apple n mango juice 100%
800g sugar
3 bag mug of lady grey tea
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp pectic enzyme
1tsp youngs wine yeast
1 tsp yeast nutrient
1 tsp glycerine

I back sweetened a little before bottling.

I'm also fermenting a variation using 1L x welchs purple grape juice(100% juice) and 1L x tesco apple, peach, mango and passion fruit (100% juice)

Latest posts

Back