Putty

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got an email to say Verdant to say they had this year's batch for sale on Friday from 11:00am. I didn't manage to get on to their site until 1pm by which time they'd sold out. I was quite surprised to see the price though at £6 per 440ml can. That's quite pricey but having never tasted it I can't say whether it's worth that or not.

So, who has had the pleasure of tasting this stuff and what are the rest of us missing?

Yes it is lovely. Don't remember paying that much. I saw that they were ramping up publicity around the release of the latest batch.

My groin produces an fine, creamy putty. Shilling a scrape - bring your own spoon. Spread generously on toast or smear on a gatepost to terrify foxes. Warning: keep the lid on tight or it may make lasses come in season early.

Buy today and receive Athlete's flakes free of charge.

Love Verdant. Absolute nightmare though to get any beers before they sell out. We invested in them ages ago and the last time we were down in cornwall we visited their brewery- they would only sell us 2 cans of one batch (can’t remember what it was now) :confused.:

There's a recipe in the CAMRA book for Verdant Pulp. anybody tried it? is it any good? Got a Canadian hophead coming over in May who wants me to brew her an IPA. Is this likely to fit the bill? Don't normally drink things that look like milkshake as I'd prefer to have half a gallon than half a pint.

I had it two years ago and loved it. I didn’t particularly like last year’s version. And I’m not really into chasing super rare beers any more to be honest.

IMG_20200108_183659.jpg

Waiting... Till Feb...

View attachment 22311

Waiting... Till Feb...
...And if Iran and Israel kick off with all out thermonuclear niceties, what then? Or perhaps it'll be punctured by a random meteorite. Or you might even slough off this mortal coil before Feb or be radicalised by a Muslim sect or... anything could happen. Best get it down your neck while you can.

Just looked again at the photo. Looks as if it's going off to me; losing its freshness. Something's not quite right.
Best neck it down, quick.
LMFAO!

@Clint yea I am for the first time in many years seeing if I can go longer than my current record of no alcohol which happens to be 9days in a row.

I'll see it as a reward for my efforts this month

As Michael Jackson once said (the beer aficionado, not the plastic surgery obsessed, paedo pop prince), if a beer is ready to drink, do it a favour and drink it!

Latest posts

Back