Question Time 01/07/2021

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well worth a watch.

I am (as i have posted before) an Andy Burnham fan and he opens with -

"I get the increasing impression its impossible to get sacked from this government, you can breach the ministerial code, you can give contracts to your friends, what would it take to get sacked from this government"

Watch here - BBC iPlayer - Search - question time

On the panel:
David Davis MP
Andy Burnham
Chika Russell
Madeline Grant,
Benjamin Zephaniah

BBC iPlayer - Search - question time

Last edited:
I am also a fan of Andy. I voted for Keir but he has no charisma whereas Andy does. You could put the Tory sleaze in the “You couldn’t make it up thread” thread. No one is challenging this sleaze which is sad.

David Davis MP said he thinks Boris gave Hancock time to make his own decision (i assume resign) rather than sack him on the spot which he did a day later, most on the panel and in the audience (screens) said he should have sacked him and shown leadership, i think we all agree.

"Leadership" or pandering to the press?

Leadership requires some sense of values, morality and honesty

Pandering to the press is about doing what you think you need to do to stay popular

I know which of those two BJ and let's be honest most politicians are about

I'm not even sure that giving the Speaker a good back scuttling over the dispatch box would count as sufficient grounds for dismissal.
Which is why we need a written constitution, to make such matters clear.

The problem is we have Conservative and Labour no one else is ever going to govern this country unless there is a huge change in the system.
Labour will get back in eventually when people get fed up with the Tories for us plebs nothing will change they may as well join together and become the labouratives.
They couldn't give a flying **** about us it's all about power and a well paid job, when I hear them say "we have worked hard to bla bla bla" it makes me want to put my foot through the TV they wouldn't know what hard work was if it walked up to them and booted them in the balls.

Latest posts

Back