Quick beer line question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilfy

Reaction score
I've looked at online calculators and me heed is battered. Can anyone tell me how long a length of 5/16 beer line will be needed to produce a decent pint served at 10psi please?

Hi!
The simple formula is Length = (keg_pressure - 1 psi) / Resistance
5/16 vinyl has a resistance of 0.4psi per foot, so the formula is (10-1)/0.4 which is 22.5 feet of beer line.
If you changed to 3/16 line the length would be only 3 feet, as resistance is greater.
I've got short 3/8 tails leading to 3/16 beer line as there is only 0.2psi per foot resistance in 3/8 line, meaning 45 feet of line!

Hi!
The simple formula is Length = (keg_pressure – 1 psi) / Resistance
5/16 vinyl has a resistance of 0.4psi per foot, so the formula is (10-1)/0.4 which is 22.5 feet of beer line.
If you changed to 3/16 line the length would be only 3 feet, as resistance is greater.
I've got short 3/8 tails leading to 3/16 beer line as there is only 0.2psi per foot resistance in 3/8 line, meaning 45 feet of line!
Bugger, wonder if I can get 3/16 line on to my tap!

Hi There

I just used about 3ft of 3/16 at 15psi and a temp of 4.5o. It pours a lovely pint but just a tad slow.

Latest posts

Back