Quick corny keg question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiAlBrew

Reaction score
Morning all.
I've decided to have a go at kegging and a reconditioned keg arrived in the post this morning.
I wasn't expecting the base to have the bulge that can be seen in the image. Is this normal? If not will it affect the use of the keg?
20220617_112452.jpg

Best regards,
M

Yes, it's below the out port. The metal sides and the side rim of the black rubber don't look deformed, but wanted to double check with someone in the know before I exploded 19L of beer over the kitchen.

TL;DR: Looks good

Looks perfect to me (see above responses). For future reference, some of the newer ones have the bulge in the center instead - it just depends on the design of the keg.
Where the bulge is in the side (like yours), it will likely be a straight dip tube that goes to the bulge in the bottom directly below the beer out post.
The ones that have the bulge in the middle tend to have a dip tube that has a bend in it so the end of the dip tube sits in the middle also, if that makes sense.

Latest posts

Back