quick disconnects - they are quite pricey!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterB

Reaction score
Hi

Where do we all get our quick disconnects? I buy the Malt Miller's Camlocks. Anyone got a better idea?

I bought a load from the Brew Builder. A bit expensive but I was ordering a Herms coil from him at the same time so it made sense

It’s worth mentioning that these last years, so potentially going cheap on something that can leak might not be the best of moves.

TBH a lot suppliers are buying from China in large quantities to keep costs down but as @LeeH has mentioned AliExpress.
The only downside is delivery time as it can take a few weeks unless it's coming from their European or Russian warehouse.

TBH a lot suppliers are buying from China in large quantities to keep costs down but as @LeeH has mentioned AliExpress.
The only downside is delivery time as it can take a few weeks unless it's coming from their European or Russian warehouse.
You’re absolutely right.

Thing is though, the guys over hear buying from China are doing so after testing the gear. So even though it’s Chinese, it’s decent quality.

I’ve bought loads of Chinese stuff over the years, for loads of things. Some great and some awful.

When it comes to loosing 5kg of CO2 or kegs of beer, I’m happy to spend that fraction more.

You’re absolutely right.

Thing is though, the guys over hear buying from China are doing so after testing the gear. So even though it’s Chinese, it’s decent quality.

I’ve bought loads of Chinese stuff over the years, for loads of things. Some great and some awful.

When it comes to loosing 5kg of CO2 or kegs of beer, I’m happy to spend that fraction more.
No illusions there as your quite right but before I buy I thoroughly check the reviews not only on AE but on the net and have been really happy as such.
As for gas and beer it's only the beer and gas post connectors and the corny post rebuild kits I use though just had a gas post arrive which I intend to fit to a pressure barrel.

Back