Quick question - still a lot of yeast in FV

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skello

DMT changed my life
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I’ve just checked the FV on my St Peter’s IPA kit out of curiosity. There seems to be a lot of yeast up the sides at the top still (and a small bit floating in the top) presumably from when it was working its magic. I am ready to bottle as it has been brewing for about 21 days now.

Is this normal or do I need to mix it back in? I still get the odd bubble in the bubbler (wonderful smell too!). This is my very first brew so I am a complete novice and would welcome any advice. Just awaiting my capper to arrive (I’ve got more than enough empties now for a few brews) then I can start bottling, and start the next one (recommendations for a hefeweizen or german Pilsner welcomed).

Thanks in advance.

I would say that regardless of hitting the target final gravity, if there's still airlock activity then it's not quite ready. Leave it a little while longer.
As long as the temperature is stable.
Mine can breathe the odd bubble once I move the fv to my kitchen for a couple of days before transfering. The extra warmth expands things a bit.

Latest posts

Back