Quick question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbo1982

Reaction score
I bottled my rajas reward on 13/2 some in glass and some in plastic bottles. Checked earlier and the plastic bottles are now rock hard. Does this mean it's carbonated and it's time to put in the cold? Seems very quick to me (just shy of a week)but I'm still learning so have to ask.

Forgot to add I batch primed 23 litres with 100gr brewing sugar and storing in the front bedroom at between 20-22 degrees.

Thanks

I am guessing he means -

Bulldog Brews Raja's Reward - India Pale Ale. A light golden IPA, with subtle characteristics of citrus and tropical fruit. Crisp as an IPA should be, with a distinctive happiness. An ideal refreshment to accompany spicy food.

bulldog_rajas_reward_ipa_a.jpg

I bottled my rajas reward on 13/2 some in glass and some in plastic bottles. Checked earlier and the plastic bottles are now rock hard. Does this mean it's carbonated and it's time to put in the cold? Seems very quick to me (just shy of a week)but I'm still learning so have to ask.

Forgot to add I batch primed 23 litres with 100gr brewing sugar and storing in the front bedroom at between 20-22 degrees.

Thanks

Yes, if the plastic (PET) bottles are hard, then it has carbonated OK, 20 to 22C is at the top end for brewing and the actual fermentation is usually complete in about half a week, the other week and a half in the fermenter is for reconversion of by-products.

Thanks slid. It's only the bottles that have been at 20-22 degrees. Fermentation was at a constant 19 degrees and it took a while. 21 days I think it was before I bottled it.

Just thought I would test a bottle and it tastes amazing. Still not cleared yet and not as carbonated as I thought it would be but by the time I crack another I am hoping it wil have improved alot

a4534.jpg

Latest posts

Back