Quick question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisD123

Reaction score
Hi
I am going to have a crack at a Cider. MYO Dark Berry.
I was wondering when it comes to bottling am i okay using the Coopers 500ml screw cap bottles as opposed to glass. I know glass would probably be a better bet but I have lots of the Coopers bottles lying around, Just want to make sure things don't get messy.

Thanks in advance

Cheers Chippy much appreciated.
Should add I am taking the plunge on wine now too...MYO Rose...have read your thread

My Coopers PET bottles are currently holding their second brew. Only replaced 2 of them with decent glass ones. I expect I might look for another 1 or 2 brews out of these bottles before they are all replaced with glass.

California Connoisseur wine kits are the best I've made.

Last edited:
My Coopers PET bottles are currently holding their second brew. Only replaced 2 of them with decent glass ones. I expect I might look for another 1 or 2 brews out of these bottles before they are all replaced with glass.
Never used or even soon Coopers PETs, but as I haven't yet succeeded in weaning the Wise One off Perrier, I try to use the bottles rather than see them end up in the sea. I've used some of them a dozen times and there's no sign of any degradation or of the cap seal failing.

Just bottled a MYO Rose and of course having a sample..made it without adding the extra sugar and have to say am mightily impressed, crystal clear after 48 hours...even SWMBO is liking it. Looking forward to trying it again with a bit of age to it.

Just bottled a MYO Rose and of course having a sample..made it without adding the extra sugar and have to say am mightily impressed, crystal clear after 48 hours...even SWMBO is liking it. Looking forward to trying it again with a bit of age to it.

To be honest they don't really improve much so get stuck in. ;)

Hi
I am going to have a crack at a Cider. MYO Dark Berry.
I was wondering when it comes to bottling am i okay using the Coopers 500ml screw cap bottles as opposed to glass. I know glass would probably be a better bet but I have lots of the Coopers bottles lying around, Just want to make sure things don't get messy.

Thanks in advance
Buy Tesco water plastic half litres, they can hold pressure and if it's still water you could use it for the brew :)

Latest posts

Back