Quick question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ni9e

Regular.
Reaction score
I have just bought a Youngs wine kit to try and was wondering if I need to treat the water before adding it to the can of wine gubbins.

Cheers BS I've never used em before do I Just crush and add to DJ or do I have to wait?

yep, crush with back of a spoon and throw it in

campden works pretty much instantly mate :thumb:

Soon as DJ is sterilised I'll throw it in thanks BS :thumb:

Can anyone tell me what pectolase does and will I need to add it to grape juice?

Thanks crE now I can crack on and make some wine :party: one a kit and one homemade I'm like a kid at xmas I'll post some pics when i'm done in the brewdays :thumb:

grape juice contains pectolase???? news to me, i don't remember saying this and if i did then a link would be cool so i can check it out and edit if necessary .... i do remember saying that grapes contain tartaric acid tho.

Ah balls!!

I've just checked and you're right... you did say tartic acid!

Although it should be fine, from a kit you wont need any pectalose really - it may have some already in the must, but if it doesnt ask for it, it shouldnt be required.

Sorry :oops:

lol, no probs. tho i was wondering if my fingers hijacked my brain while i was intoxicated and .....

Back