Quick TC...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvt_ak

Budding Brewer !
Reaction score
What I love about TC’s is that you can so quickly chuck em on !
In Asda tonight - 4l of Apple Juice bought. Now fermenting . 4 weeks they’ll be chilling in the fridge.
4l Apple Juice
.5l of tea
Pectolase
Citric acid
Yeast.

Boom !

Will top up with water once it settles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardy worth the bother for 4L......

With £1 delivery, I do 30L at a time. They'll let you have 12 of the smart price stuff at 55p per L and 4 x 4 packs of the standard juice at 65p per L brings me up to 28L.

500g of sugar, 1tsp tannin, 1tsp nutrient and 3dsp of citric and you're good to go - and can top it up with a couple of L of water.
I'll quite often bottle a brew and just dump the new juice directly onto the yeast.

Hardy worth the bother for 4L......

With £1 delivery, I do 30L at a time. They'll let you have 12 of the smart price stuff at 55p per L and 4 x 4 packs of the standard juice at 65p per L brings me up to 28L.

500g of sugar, 1tsp tannin, 1tsp nutrient and 3dsp of citric and you're good to go - and can top it up with a couple of L of water.
I'll quite often bottle a brew and just dump the new juice directly onto the yeast.

Agree Ken - it was easy and I needed a quick brew fix. I was doing 25l Cider last year . I bottled a few DJ’s of cider today. May put a bigger batch on now sunny times are here [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just read my recipe back and realised that I said citric rather than malic acid. I have used citric in the past and it's ok for immediate consumption but malic is better and is essential if you are going for MLC.

Back