R.I.P Thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sonny Chiba also past away aged 82!

Sonny Chiba
Japanese actor

Description
Shinichi Chiba, known internationally as Sonny Chiba, was a Japanese actor and martial artist.
Chiba was one of the first actors to achieve stardom through his skills in martial arts, initially in Japan and later before an international audience.
Wikipedia

Last edited by a moderator:
Children's author and illustrator Jill Murphy, who created the beloved Worst Witch books, has died at the age of 72.
Murphy also published picture books including the Large family series, Peace at Last and The Last Noo-Noo.
Belinda Ioni Rasmussen, managing director of Macmillan Children's Books, said: "She had an unparalleled talent for storytelling through words and pictures.
"Without doubt, her picture books have become timeless children's classics."
Murphy came up with the idea for the first Worst Witch novel, which followed the exploits of Mildred Hubble at witch school, at the age of 14 and based it on her own experiences at a strict convent school.

She had finished writing it by 18 and it was published when she was 24. The eighth and most recent instalment came out in 2018.
The books were adapted for a TV film in 1986, and two TV series, in the 1990s and 2010s. There has also been a hit stage show.
Disney even wanted to adapt them in the 1990s. Murphy later said: "They wanted complete control over everything, which I just could not bear."

Jill Murphy: The Worst Witch and Large family author dies at 72 - BBC News
1629480875987.png

Only saw the Stones once in 1971 in the wonderful Free Trade Hall.

Just heard it on the radio :(

I don't know if its just me but the only time i think about my age is when someone dies and you realise you have listened to the group all your life (or most of it) ZZ Top, now The stones.

One of my hero's. Remember seeing a Tv programme many years ago where they interviewed people who had worked for the rich as butlers valets, PA's etc and he got a glowing report by people who had worked for saying he was so respectful and a true gent.
I will miss him bur see him every Saturday night when I have a drink and watch old Youtube vids of him playing in the Stones.
RIP

The Stones were the first band I saw live Hyde park 1969 I was aged 15. Saw them 3 more times in the 1970s best live band I've seen.

If you follow darts, Kyle what a legend, he hit two 9 darters in one day.
Rip fella you was always worth watching when you played!!

Latest posts

Back