R.I.P Thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another great rocker gone.
MeatLoafRIP.jpg

I wasn't a fan but swmbo will be gutted she was a fan and saw him live a few years ago.

I think Meatloaf's voice on the Bat out of hell album is superb, makes me believe every word he sings.Saw him on the B.o.o.h 2 tour in 1994 and he was excellent that night. RIP Meatloaf.

Only 74? He must have been quite young in his heyday...
I think he was mid 20s when they recorded Bat out of Hell. Agree @the baron , I think people will enjoy listening to his music forever.

Not sure if the above link has loaded but try pressing your finger on and opening that way athumb..

Last edited by a moderator:
He wrote for so many other comedians too a sad loss of the old style comedian RIP

Gyles Brandreth was on 5 live today saying just that he worked with so many of the big names from back then often giving advice on how to tell the jokes, a very talented man.

Apparently his favourite jokes were about parrots so here's a couple, R.I.P Barry.

Barry Cryer's last joke was, apparently this, told to a nurse not long before he died :

'A man and his wife are out walking one day when they spot a lone fellow on the other side of the road. 'That looks like the Archbishop of Canterbury over there,' says the woman.

'Go and see if it is,' she adds.

'The husband crosses the road and asks the man if he is indeed the Archbishop of Canterbury.

'F**k off,' says the man.

The husband crosses back to his wife who asks 'What did he say? Is he the Archbishop of Canterbury?'

'He told me to f**k off,' says the husband.

'Oh no,' replies the wife, 'Now we'll never know'.'

My son and I saw Barry Cryer when the ‘I’m Sorry I Haven’t A Clue’ Roadshow was on in Plymouth. The other panellists were Miles Jupp, Tim Brooke-Taylor, and Jeremy Hardy the last two sadly also RIP.

The date was February 16th 2015, which I remember well as the river, which flows past our place, decided to come into my brewery that day, and getting to the theatre involved climbing through a hedge and wading to where we had left a car on the lane out.

IMG_0413.JPG

"The PC" lot. Otherwise known as "those who now have a voice and don't like bigots".

As you appear to have taken on the roll of the forum PC police may i request you stay out of the jokes thread today as failure to do so will definitely ruin your day.

Have a nice day. ;)

Last edited:
I used to watch it with SWMBO back in the 80's, looking at the second picture is quite scary where have all those years gone.

I Bet i could name most of the cast from back then i couldn't name more than 5 of todays lot.

Actor Leonard Fenton, who played Dr Harold Legg in EastEnders, has died at the age of 95, his family have announced.

Fenton appeared in the first episode of EastEnders in February 1985 and his last scene came in 2019.
He left the soap but returned in 2018 to help his character's close friend Dot Cotton, played by June Brown.
A statement from his family said he would be "missed beyond words" and that they were "heartbroken."
"We feel incredibly lucky to have been able to be with him as his health worsened towards the end - a privilege denied to so many during these tough times."

'A charming man'
Fenton also worked in film and theatre, with his family noting that his "long stage career included time at the National Theatre and most recently the Royal Shakespeare Company".
"He felt privileged to have worked with some of the greats of the theatre, including Samuel Beckett, Orson Welles and Jonathan Miller," they added, noting how his passion for painting and singing were of equal importance to him.
Dr Legg was one of the original characters in the long-running BBC One soap, created by Tony Holland and Julia Smith, and he served as Walford's local GP until 1997.
He made sporadic appearances after that, with his character bowing out of the Walford soap in 2019 in emotional fashion, when he died of cancer.
He became good friends with the much-loved hypochondriac, Dot Cotton, due to his many visits to check on her.

June Brown paid tribute to the man who played him on Monday. "He was a charming man in all ways, first as a person and then as an actor, extremely polite and kind," she said.
"I enjoyed working with him enormously for many years and missed him when he retired. I was glad that I'd been with him for his last scene with Dot at his bedside and my thoughts are with his devoted family."
Fellow EastEnder Natalie Cassidy said she felt "honoured that our paths crossed".
"I had the pleasure to work with Leonard," she said. "He was utterly charming, continuously joked with me and loved talking about his past."
Another, Gillian Taylforth, also paid tribute, describing him as "a lovely, charming man who was so kind and always told the most wonderful stories".
An EastEnders spokesman said the soap team was "deeply saddened" to hear the news of his death.
"Since appearing in the very first episode of EastEnders, Leonard created a truly iconic character in Dr Legg who will always be remembered," he said.
"Our love and thoughts are with Leonard's family and friends."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60197349
1643652565725.png

1643652609433.png

Bamber Gascoigne CBE
24 January 1935 - 8 February 2022
I remember watching him on Uni Challenge when it was in black and white and students wore jackets and ties.
Inherited an estate from a 99 year old Duchess auntie and let Grange Park Opera build an opera house there in the woods.

Latest posts

Back