R.I.P Thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although i hated the hand of god incident, i forgave him after all its football what a player absolute genius with the ball at his feet R.I.P Deigo
Yeah, as Englishmen we were raised to hate Maradona. But I never could really. Maybe coz I was too young to remember the "hand of God" . A classic example of too much money too young and not having the right people around you! 😰

The line between genius and insanity is very fine, a lot of the worlds geniuses go off the road at some point in their lives
Very true, plus we forget how young these guys are. If someone gave me that much money, drugs and women at 20 I'd probably have gone the same way. Most of us would I bet!!

Maradona died 15 years to the day from when the greatest of all George Best died. Weird how two geniuses who self destructed died on the same day. Gazzer watch out on the 25th November.

Maradona died 15 years to the day from when the greatest of all George Best died.

I suppose when thinking about the greatest of all you are going to look at your club but having looked at a few sites i would say the one that had him 10th behind these was a little more unbiased.

I would add Lionel Messi, Eusabio, Muller and Ronaldo to the list.

Maradona.
Pelé
Johann Cruyff,
Zico,
Michel Platini
Franz Beckenbauer
Ferenc Puskás,
Alfredo Di Stéfano
Zinedine Zidane

Last edited:
David Prowse: Darth Vader actor and Green Cross Code Man has died aged 85

D1268D17-406C-4D8F-873A-311E3C81313E.png

Prowse was one of the admen/exercise models for the Bullworker in the late 1960s-early 70s. I kept mine for many years; never actually used it much; and it shows!
1606776714224.png

Tributes have been paid to Mad Max star Hugh Keays-Byrne, who has died aged 73.

The late actor played the villain Toecutter, opposite Mel Gibson, in the 1979 post-apocalyptic, dystopian action movie.
British filmmaker Brian Trenchard-Smith confirmed on Facebook that he had died on Tuesday.
Charlize Theron, who appeared with him in the fourth instalment and 2015 re-boot, Fury Road, said he would be "deeply missed".
"It's amazing you were able to play an evil warlord so well cause you were such a kind, beautiful soul," Theron posted online.

Keays-Byrne was born in India to British parents and moved to England as a child.
A production of A Midsummer Night's Dream took him to Australia in 1973, where he settled.
After appearing in the original Mad Max, which was made Down Under, director George Miller brought him back for Fury Road, where he played the antagonist Immortan Joe.
In a 2015 interview with The Independent, he said he had been "pleasantly surprised" to get the call again.
And explained that while his original character, Toecutter, had been a member of an "oppressed nomadic minority", Immortan Joe was "a renaissance man".
"He's simply trying to bring order into an apocalyptic world" said Keays-Byrne.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55171283

Which ones the one where he handcuffs that dude to a car and gives him a hacksaw? That ones brilliant

Peter Alliss, the legendary BBC golf commentator, has died at the age of 89.

In 2012, he was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame in the Lifetime Achievement category.

Alliss, known as 'the voice of golf' to fans around the world, has been synonymous with the BBC's golf coverage for more than half a century.
Having first appeared on the BBC in 1961, he was made lead golf commentator in 1978 after retiring as a player.

"It is with great sadness we announce the passing of golfing and broadcast legend Peter Alliss," said Alliss' family.

In a statement, they described his death as "unexpected but peaceful".

They added: "Peter was a devoted husband, father and grandfather and his family ask for privacy at this difficult time."

Alliss provided the soundtrack to many of golf's most memorable moments, with November's Masters the last tournament he covered.

"Peter was the voice of golf. He was an absolute master of his craft with a unique ability to capture a moment with a magical turn of phrase that no one else could match," said Barbara Slater, director of BBC Sport.

As a player, Alliss won 31 tournaments and he and his father Percy were the first father-son duo to compete in the Ryder Cup, when it was a contest between Great Britain and the United States.

In 2012, he was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame in the Lifetime Achievement category.

Full article - 'Voice of golf' Alliss dies at 89

ah Peter Alliss. best talker of golf i've ever heard. even read one of his books.
i don't follow the game much now and i think that is linked to him commentating less.

I started to listen to the video and was hooked until the end, a funny bloke R.I.P.

Latest posts

Back