R.I.P Thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Legendary Formula 1 commentator Murray Walker has died at the age of 97.

Walker commentated on his first grand prix race for the BBC at Silverstone in 1949 and became a full-time F1 commentator in 1978.
He became synonymous with F1 through his commentary, first with the BBC and with ITV, before retiring in 2001.

"He was to so many of us fans of F1 the voice that epitomised the sport we love," said Stuart Pringle, Silverstone managing director.

BBC News.

F1 used to awesome, days of senna, prost, mansell, lauda, alonso, just to name a few.Now i would have more fun painting a wall and watching it dry.
Couldn't agree more.
I used to love it back in the late '80's and early '90's.
Can't remember the last time I watched a race.
Now, MotoGP, that's a different story...

Sorry to derail the thread butt, if you want edge of the seat racing isle of man TT, BSB> moto gp.

Couldn't agree more.
I used to love it back in the late '80's and early '90's.
Can't remember the last time I watched a race.
Now, MotoGP, that's a different story...
Murray Walker and James Hunt were the dream team.
Can't watch modern F1.
BTCC is the top motor racing in my book.

This could get feisty.

Never liked F1 although I went to the 1990 British GP and Murray was a top commentator but 97 good innings so no sadness.

I used to watch BSB all the time when i could get Eurosport legally (was it on Freeview) then it seemed to vanish and i never watched it again, used to love watching Shakey battling it out what a rider he was, is he still riding?

Shane Byrne, often known as Shakey, is a British motorcycle road racer. He is a six-time champion of the British Superbike Championship, the only person in the history of the series to win six titles. He has also been a race winner in the Superbike World Championship and has competed in MotoGP. Wikipedia

1615668850527.png

legend in bsb, spent many a day going up and down the country watching bsb.
By far my fav track, cadwell, been round there many a time on bikes.

Shakey has had some epic battles over the years, but by far nori haga vs shakey was just quality.Sad ending for hagar.
Love all bike racing, but bsb and tt are in a class of their own imo.

Marvin has been Marvellous for the last time.
Definitely in my top 5 of all time pound for pound the best in his era. What a classic the "WAR" was between him and Hearns
Rest in peace Champ 😪

RIP Murray, Always loved his GOOO!!! GOOOOOO GOOO!!! and the fact he always over enthuastically got things wrong.

A Gentleman aswell 97 great innings

Raymond Baxter was the voice of Motor Racing that I remember. A WW2 fighter pilot, he also presented Tomorrow's World. Anyone remember him?

Back