R.I.P Thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Former Bay City Rollers frontman Les McKeown has died aged 65, his family has told the BBC.

The Scottish pop singer fronted the Edinburgh band during their most successful period in the 1970s.
They had hits with tracks like I Only Wanna Be With You, Bye Bye Baby, Shang-a-Lang and Give a Little Love.
His family announced online on Thursday that he had died suddenly at his home on Tuesday.

The Bay City Rollers became tartan-clad sensations in the UK and US in the 1970s. They were hugely successful, selling more than 120 million records.
"They were adorable. Five cute guys at once. That's the story of rock n roll," US journalist Danny Fields told the BBC.
"The invention of boy bands became an industry thanks to the Bay City Rollers."

Recalling the 1975 tour 40 years later, Les McKeown said it was "crazy".
"We would go on and the police would make us stop because they just could not control the crowd."

Vocalist McKeown joined in 1973 and left in 1978, as the band decided to go in a more new wave direction under the new name The Rollers.
But he then re-joined for a string of comeback tours and live recordings.

As the only remaining member of the band, he toured under the name Les McKeown's Bay City Rollers up until last year.
McKeown told the Edinburgh Evening News last August that during lockdown he had "never had so much time off", and was always on the road for half of the year.
He had been mid-way through a tour in Toronto with his band Les McKeown's Bay City Rollers as the coronavirus pandemic took hold, and they all had to return home quickly. The tour had been rebooked for November 2021.

Tributes have been paid to radio and television presenter Jonathan Coleman who has died at the age of 65.
The fast-talking DJ, who was born in London, had a long broadcasting career in both the UK and Australia.
He was diagnosed with prostate cancer four years ago and passed away on Friday with his wife and children by his side, his family said.
His wife Margot said they would "miss him beyond words", while others have paid tribute to the "giant of radio".
Coleman, who was known best as Jono, was born in Hackney on 29 February 1956.
His family moved to Australia where he first appeared on TV screens in 1979 and soon after featured on various radio stations.

1625931819066.png

He later spent 16 years in the UK where he presented the Russ and Jono Show with Russell Williams on Virgin Radio in the 1990s, as well as other programmes on BBC Radio London and Heart 106.2.
In a statement, his wife said they had been "soul mates for close to 40 years" and described him as someone "with enormous talent and the special gift to make people laugh".
She added her husband had wanted to be remembered "for doing a good deed every day", and that this reflected his "generosity and caring nature".
Among those to pay tribute was his former fellow presenter Williams who said working together had been the "best of times and right now it feels like the worst of times".
"Rest easy 'Little buddy' and 'Thank You Very Much Indeed'. Blessed to have had him in my life," he wrote.

1625931834201.png

BREAKING:
Liverpudlian comedian Tom O'Connor has died at the age of 81. He first rose to fame on Opportunity Knocks, which he won three times.
He passed away at Wexham hospital today and leaves a wife and four children.

1626614713079.png

1626614731937.png

Sad news.
I recently made a compilation USB memory stick for the car and ZZ top were one band on it.

Cheap Sunglasses.

I remember in Till Death, Summer Holiday and probably IMO her best was as Aunt Sally in Wurzel Gummidge.
Another good un strikes the dust RIP

Latest posts

Back