R.I.P Thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awful news and only 39.

Girls Aloud singer Sarah Harding, 39, who had breast cancer, died on Sunday morning, her mother has said.
Harding announced in August 2020 that she had been diagnosed with the disease, which had spread to other parts of her body.
Her mother Marie announced the news on Instagram, describing her "beautiful" daughter as "a bright, shining star".
Earlier this year Harding revealed doctors had told her she would not see another Christmas.

1630850850568.png

In a post next to a black and white image of Harding, her mother wrote: "It's with deep heartbreak that today I'm sharing the news that my beautiful daughter Sarah has sadly passed away.
"Many of you will know of Sarah's battle with cancer and that she fought so strongly from her diagnosis until her last day. She slipped away peacefully this morning.
"I'd like to thank everyone for their kind support over the past year.
"It meant the world to Sarah and it gave her great strength and comfort to know she was loved.
"I know she won't want to be remembered for her fight against this terrible disease - she was a bright, shining star and I hope that's how she can be remembered instead."

Earlier this year, in an extract from her memoir Hear Me Out published in the Times, Harding wrote: "In December my doctor told me that the upcoming Christmas would probably be my last."
She said she didn't want an exact prognosis, just "comfort" and to be "pain-free".
She also said she was "trying to live and enjoy every second of my life, however long it might be".

Harding shot to fame in 2002 as a contestant on Popstars: The Rivals - an ITV talent show which aimed to find both a new girl band and boy band.
She made it to the final and was voted into the group which became Girls Aloud, alongside Nicola Roberts, Nadine Coyle, Kimberley Walsh and Cheryl Cole (then Tweedy).
The group went on to have several UK hits, including Sound of the Underground, The Promise, Love Machine, Jump and Call The Shots.
Girls Aloud reunited in 2012 after a short hiatus, to release and tour a greatest hits album. They announced their split in 2013.
Harding has since taken on several acting roles, including appearances in Run for Your Wife, and St. Trinian's 2: The Legend of Fritton's Gold.
She appeared on the Channel 4 reality show The Jump in 2016, but was forced to pull out after suffering a knee injury.
In 2017, she won Celebrity Big Brother.

Aw. Michael K William's has died. Omar in The Wire, among other roles. A great actor...
20210907_163245.jpg

Spectrum was my opening into computers gaming and a career in IT.

The days of LOAD "" and then having to rewind a tape and adjust the volume so it would work again.

RIP

My first computer was the zx spectrum 48k. So many fond memories of it. The finger gymnastics required to type code in basic was unbelievable. The sound of the games loading us unforgettable. I seem to remember that ITV/ceefax used to transmit the sound at some point in time that could be recorded and then loaded on the spectrum. Anyone else remember this or have I made it up !?

My first computer was the zx spectrum 48k. So many fond memories of it. The finger gymnastics required to type code in basic was unbelievable. The sound of the games loading us unforgettable. I seem to remember that ITV/ceefax used to transmit the sound at some point in time that could be recorded and then loaded on the spectrum. Anyone else remember this or have I made it up !?
ZX81 and then Spectrum for me.
Spent hours on them as a teenager. Making pirate copies of games was much more enjoyable than playing the games...

They did try that on TV at least once. Was it tomorrows world?
They also used to give away floppy single records with stuff on the front of computer magazines, but never got those to work either.

Spectrum was my opening into computers gaming and a career in IT.

The days of LOAD "" and then having to rewind a tape and adjust the volume so it would work again.

RIP

Same here minus the career in IT.

Saw Jimmy play a couple of times for Spurs at Old Trafford in the mid sixties. Great player and great TV personality.

The word Legend and Great are freely used too much but this man deserved those titles.
A childhood hero of mine and truly a LEGEND.
RIP Jimmyasad1asad1asad1

They played part of this interview on 5 live earlier, a brilliant footballer who was known as a really nice bloke by most of the players he played with and against.

1632664444074.png

Alan Lancaster, founding bassist of UK rock greats Status Quo, has died in Sydney, Australia, aged 72.

According to a post shared to Facebook by Australian entertainment reporter and Lancaster’s close friend, Craig Bennett, the musician had been suffering from Multiple Sclerosis (MS) for some time.

“I am heartbroken to announce the passing of Alan Lancaster, British born music royalty, guitar God and founding member of iconic band, Status Quo,” Bennett wrote.

“Despite having MS and issues with his mobility, Alan participated in hugely successful reunion tours… He bravely played to thousands of adoring fans..and loved being back with the band and his loyal Quo army.”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/status-quo-bassist-alan-lancaster-has-died-aged-72-3054881

Latest posts

Back