R.I.P Thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no. She'll be very sorely missed in these parts. I grew up (well I was too young to grow up fully) on The Seekers.
It wasn't a joke @Dutto. I was brought up in Geelong from 1964 and I used to listen to them a lot, especially their folk songs and Bob Dylan covers. The hits came later, after Georgie Girl, I think. I still listen to their early songs.

I would never regard someone’s death as a joke!

However, I did find your comment “… (well I was too young to grow up fully) …” as mildly humorous; regardless of where you grew up!
aheadbutt

I never saw her, saw her sister Bev Sheehan at an Alcoholics Anonymous do. Nothing to do with me, my wife's uncle Reg known among the AA'S as Small Goods Reg. I asked one of the AA members why he was called Small Goods Reg? It was because when he attended meetings he would bring in jars of various parts of the human anatomy destroyed by alcohol!

Olivia Newton-John, star of Grease and multi-platinum selling singer, has died at 73, her official Facebook page says.
In a short statement, her husband John Easterling said she had passed away at her California ranch on Monday morning.
"Olivia has been a symbol of triumphs and hope for over 30 years sharing her journey with breast cancer," the statement said.
"We ask that everyone please respect the family's privacy during this very difficult time."
This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.
You can receive Breaking News on a smartphone or tablet via the
BBC News App. You can also follow @BBCBreaking on Twitter to get the latest alerts.

1659988607214.png

Mr Motown Lamont Dozier hitmaker dies aged 81

Motown hitmaker Lamont Dozier, who penned songs for The Supremes, The Four Tops and The Isley Brothers, as well as Marvin Gaye and Martha and the Vandellas, has died aged 81.

The news was confirmed by his son Lamont Dozier Jr on Instagram.
As part of the Holland, Dozier, Holland songwriting team, he had many number one records and also won Grammy awards.
Their hits include Baby Love, Nowhere to Run, How Sweet It Is (to Be Loved by You) and You Can't Hurry Love.
"Rest in Heavenly Peace, Dad!" wrote his son online, alongside a picture of the two of them together.

Dozier, along with Brian Holland, served as the musical arranger and producer, while their friend and colleague Eddie Holland focused on the lyrics and vocal production.
They shaped the famous Detroit label's influential sound, with tracks such as This Old Heart of Mine (Is Weak for You), Reach Out I'll Be There and Heat Wave.

Full article.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-62474956

Singer and actor Darius Campbell Danesh, who rose to fame on ITV talent shows Popstars and Pop Idol two decades ago, has died at the age of 41.

The Scot came third on Pop Idol behind Will Young and Gareth Gates in 2002.
He was found dead in his US apartment room, his family announced on Tuesday.
"It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Darius Campbell Danesh," they said in a statement. "Darius was found unresponsive in bed in his apartment room in Rochester, Minnesota, on August 11 and was pronounced dead in the afternoon by the local medical examiners' office.
"The local police department have confirmed that there were no signs of intent or suspicious circumstances. The cause of his sudden death is unknown at this stage while medical examinations continue.
"We ask that you kindly respect our wishes for privacy at this time whilst we come to terms with the tragic loss of our son and brother."

Campbell was born in Glasgow in 1980 to a Scottish mother and an Iranian father, and read English Literature and Philosophy at the University of Edinburgh.
But he set his sights on stardom and first attracted attention on Popstars, the groundbreaking 2001 talent show, with his theatrical cover of Britney Spears' Baby One More Time.
Later that year, he resurfaced on follow-up Pop Idol minus the ponytail and beard, and with a new attitude that took him to the last three. The final was watched by more than 13 million people.
After impressing on that show, he turned down a record deal from judge Simon Cowell in order to work with producer Steve Lillywhite, who collaborated with him on Colourblind

BBC news.

Keeping up appearances was brilliant.

1660993722698.png

Josephine Tewson: Keeping Up Appearances actress dies at 91​

Comedy actress Josephine Tewson, who appeared in TV sitcoms including Keeping Up Appearances and Last of the Summer Wine, has died at the age of 91.
Tewson was best known for playing Elizabeth, the nervous next-door neighbour of Hyacinth Bucket in Keeping Up Appearances between 1990-95.
Her other sitcoms included Shelley with Hywel Bennett and No Appointment Necessary with Roy Kinnear.
She also worked extensively with Ronnie Barker, Charlie Drake and Dick Emery.

In a statement, her agent Jean Diamond said: "It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Josephine Tewson."
The actress died on Thursday at Denville Hall, a care home for actors and other members of the entertainment industry in north London, Diamond added.

Tewson was born in Hampstead, London, in 1931, and started her career in the theatre. Her productions included the West End musical Free As Air, whose cast also included Leonard Rossiter.
They got married in 1958 but divorced three years later. He went on to find fame in the sitcom Rising Damp.
Tewson later became a regular on TV on The Charlie Drake Show and The Dick Emery Show in the late 1960s. On radio, she was in the casts of The Ronnie Corbett Thing, The Secret Life of Kenneth Williams and Bob Monkhouse's Mostly Monkhouse.

She had a long association with Barker, from ITV's Frost on Sunday and Hark at Barker to the BBC's His Lordship Entertains and then the 1930s-set Clarence, which would be his last acting role.
She also made frequent appearances in The Two Ronnies with Barker and Corbett, and in a string of TV comedies with Terry Scott - Son of the Bride, Happy Ever After and Terry and June.
After starring in Keeping Up Appearances, the show's writer Roy Clarke provided Tewson with the role of Miss Davenport in Last of the Summer Wine between 2003 and 2010.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-62605184
1660993862888.png

It's been many years since I have seen the comedians mentioned I bet there isn't many left.

1661009416413.png

Never saw him play but really enjoyed his commentary. Fair, knowledgeable and entertaining.
I still rate Bill McLaren as the greatest commentator ever, but Eddie was close.

Latest posts

Back