R.I.P Thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We had a request earlier form a member asking if we could have a forum in General Discussions specifically for posts of peoples/celebrities passing (including forum members where appropriate and permission granted) it has been decided that the topic is not big enough to warrant its own forum so we have decided to make this pinned thread instead.

Could i ask members to quote the post they are answering or the thread could get a little confusing if more than one person dies in a short period of time, thanks.

I saw them live back in the day when all the top acts played at Blackpool in the summer.

Bobby Ball, one half of the comedy double act Cannon and Ball, has died at the age of 76, his manager has confirmed.

His death comes after the actor and comedian tested positive for Covid-19.

Ball was one half of the comedy duo alongside his long-time friend and colleague Tommy Cannon.

He also starred in several sitcoms including Not Going Out, Last of the Summer Wine, Benidorm and Heartbeat.

Leading the tributes, Cannon said: "Rock on, my good friend, I can't believe this, I'm devastated."

Not Going Out star Lee Mack said he was "utterly shocked and devastated to lose my mate Bobby like this".

Ball's wife Yvonne added: "I will always miss him, he was so joyful, full of fun and mischievous."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54731384

Last edited:
The funnier one of the two, which probably took more work.
Never seen without his trademark red braces. Even in other shows.

Just announced on BBC News.

England World Cup-winner Nobby Stiles has died aged 78 after a long illness, his family has announced. Stiles was a key member of the 1966 World Cup winners and starred during his club career for Manchester United, Middlesbrough and Preston North End. He won 28 caps for the Three Lions

Last edited:
England World Cup-winner Nobby Stiles has died aged 78 after a long illness, his family has announced. Stiles was a key member of the 1966 World Cup winners and starred during his club career for Manchester United, Middlesbrough and Preston North End. He won 28 caps for the Three Lions

Great player at United and for England had the pleasure of watching him in the 60's. Not many World Cup winners left now sadly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir Sean Connery has died at the age of 90.

The Scottish actor was best known for his portrayal of James Bond, being the first to bring the role to the big screen and appearing in seven of the spy thrillers.

His acting career spanned decades and his many awards included an Oscar, two Bafta awards and three Golden Globes.

Sir Sean's other films included The Hunt for Red October, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and The Rock.

He was largely regarded as being the best actor to have played 007 in the long-running franchise, often being named as such in polls.

His Oscar came in 1988, when he was named best supporting actor for his role as an Irish cop in The Untouchables.

He was knighted by the Queen at Holyrood Palace in 2000.

In August, he celebrated his 90th birthday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54761824
1604147491587.png

Last edited:
RIP Sean.
Wow 90,,
Where have all the years gone.
Roger Moore sadly died too in 2017,
He was always my favourite Bond.
But Connery was good too.

Latest posts

Back