R.I.P Thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw Gerry and the Pacemakers at a 60's revival do, when I was a Mod in the 1980's. Not a 60's band us 'cool' ( i.e. not very cool ) Mods would really go and see, but there were no other bands on that I wanted to see and I hadn't pulled so I wandered over. I will never, ever forget the opening bar of 'I like it' coming on, then the lights, and a high, squeaky voice emerging from a rather rotund Gerry. That apart, they were actually pretty good. Got everyone up on their feet dancing. RIP, my friend.

RIP William Link (27/12/20). Co-Creator of Columbo and Murder, She Wrote.

MSW is one of my guilty pleasures. I don't know why I like it, but I do. Its just so naff and un pretentious. It even sends itself up half the time.

Attachments

• 1609767175322.png
    1609767175322.png
    239.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited by a moderator:
RIP William Link (27/12/20). Co-Creator of Columbo and Murder, She Wrote.

MSW is one of my guilty pleasures. I don't know why I like it, but I do. Its just so naff and un pretentious. It even sends itself up half the time.
two shows i'm very fond of also. especially columbo. i think murder, she wrote is rather overlooked.

Columbo and Murder, She Wrote.

I was never a fan on MSW but Columbo was brilliant, a bit more detail -

Prolific television writer-producer William Link, co-creator of classic TV series including Columbo and Murder She Wrote among others, died Sunday, December 27 of congestive heart failure in Los Angeles, his wife, Margery Nelson, told Deadline. He was 87.

Link was born in Elkins Park, PA, a suburb of Philadelphia, on December 15, 1933.

In a career spanning more than 60 years, Link was best known for his collaboration with the late Richard Levinson. The two – who first met at the age of 14 and began collaborating almost immediately on stories, radio scripts, and dramas – saw television’s potential to capture the current scene and contribute to the national discussion about such subjects as race relations, student unrest, and gun violence.

1609767232202.png

Alexi Laiho from Children of Bodom, only 41 years old. I wasn't a huge CoB fan but the guy was a brilliant guitarist.

Not a famous person but one that deserves to be remembered.

WW2's 'Spitfire Women': Eleanor Wadsworth, one of last female pilots, dies

1610296004315.png

Mrs Wadsworth, who was born in Nottingham, joined the ATA in 1943 after seeing an advertisement for female pilots and was one of the first six successful candidates to be accepted with no or little previous flying experience, historian Sally McGlone said.

In 2020, the former pilot told her housing association's in-house magazine that she had been "looking for a new challenge" when she joined the service.

"The thought of learning to fly for free was a great incentive [so] I put my name down and didn't think much about it," she said.

She added that she had enjoyed flying Spitfires the most, which she did 132 times.

"It was a beautiful aircraft, great to handle," she said.

Tributes have been paid to her bravery on social including one from former RAF Tornado navigator and Gulf prisoner of war John Nichol.

Ms McGlone said Mrs Wadsworth and her fellow ATA pilots "will remain an inspiration to women worldwide", while fellow historian Howard Cook said she and her fellow "Spitfire Women" had been "incredibly brave".

Author Karen Borden, who interviewed Mrs Wadsworth for an upcoming book, added that "like many of the women pilots, she was incredibly humble about her contribution to the war effort".

"She joked about how flying 'straight and level' was her mark... and how marvellous it was to take to the air on her own."

Her son Robert said she had been "a wonderful mother, an adoring grandmother and great-grandmother", who had been "matter of fact" about her wartime service.

He said she would say that "we had a job to do [and] we just got on and did it".

Her funeral will take place on Tuesday.

Mrs Wadsworth had been one of three surviving female ATA pilots, alongside American Nancy Stratford and Briton Jaye Edwards, who lives in Canada.

1610296063501.png

Last edited:
I bet she never got a award like a OBE etc too busy giving them to celebrities who are very well paid for doing their jobs(and that's what they are doing) and get awards instead not picking on anyone celeb but most recent Lewis Hamilton alright he's won world titles but how well paid was he. What about the man that gets up every morning and drives a ambulance or paramedics having to go to accidents that would traumatise most of us for the rest of our lives.
Sorry rant over

Phil (Wall of Sound) Spector died in prison aged 81.

Looks like Covid as it says in the sun article below "Spector had been hospitalized after his coronavirus diagnosis four weeks ago and returned to jail" shame the girl he killed didn't live another 40 years and die at 80.

Sources told TMZ the jailed producer died of Covid complications, but the CDCR said the cause of death is under investigation.

Spector had been serving a 19-year sentence in prison for the murder of Lana Clarkson.

"California Health Care Facility inmate Phillip Spector, 80, was pronounced deceased of natural causes at 6:35 p.m. on Saturday, January 16, 2021, at an outside hospital," the CDCR said in a statement.

Spector had been hospitalized after his coronavirus diagnosis four weeks ago and returned to jail, sources told TMZ.

Word of Spector's death came as:

He reportedly relapsed, however, and died on Saturday after being taken to the hospital.

CDCR said the medical examiner in the San Joaquin County Sheriff's office will confirm the cause of death.

Last edited:
Good riddance another power mad controlling person abusing what was given to them by the public who thought they could do what they liked and get away with it BUT DIDN'T this time

Back