RAFFLE #18 Grainfather Advanced Brewery Set Up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all. Not sure how I'm going to break it to the wife but it's the best tenner I've ever spent. I'd better start watching them David Heath videos.

Congrats! The beers are definitely on you - when you've brewed them on your new kit, of course. :laugh8:

To save that conversation with SWMBO sell it to me for £20 and you have doubled your money
simples :laugh8: :laugh8: :laugh8:

No wait, I have a better idea.

IainM now holds his own Grainfather raffle but sells the same number of tickets at £9 each, which everyone agrees is a bargain. Then whoever wins does another Grainfather Advanced Brewery raffle with tickets priced at £8 each. We can keep this going all year as some sort of bizarre pyramid scheme where no one actually ends up with the prize...

:confused.:

I have that kit already, but would have kept the additional conical and likely gifted the Grainfather and Chiller to my son. If you need any assistance @IanM just PM me, but definitely watch all of the David Heath videos relating to the GF30 as they're the most valuable brewing resource I've found. Also there's a Grainfather Users UK Facebook group and the David Heath Facebook group.

Congratulations @IainM , this has been an interesting day and your's all the more so. We can all enjoy your win by proxy and great that we've been able to take part in a raffle where the prize was going to be so appropriate and be enjoyed on an ongoing basis by whoever won it. I'd love to hear how that conversation goes with your OH about where it's going to all go 😂 . Happy Friday everyone and cheers to all those that took part in this raffle.acheers.

(Personally there's enough stress in my life without this kind of anxiety and I'm remembering why I don't do gambling.. I can't take the anxiety of the expectation. Not going to do that again for a long time!)

Anna

Who needs a GF anyway !! Congrats 🎉
64E26DF1-65A8-4F04-B3A3-589B4EBDF5E7.jpeg

Last edited:
While I will be dearly glad to contribute to the happiness and joy of another through their win of this handsome dark trio. there is I'm afraid to say a part of me that would so so really like to win this and along with @StJayJay I'm feeling almost embarrassed by how invested I am in this raffle, it's not very decorous of me 🤩.

Anna
Ha!
I procrastinated so it seems I am too late to enter.
If you do find the whole thing indecorous, I will gladly give it a good home

Fix!
Hope your first batch oxidises
I’m never entering a raffle again

Warm congratulations on your success 😕

It is the Michelangelo action figure all over again though, and this time no Brut as a consolation prize. At least I won’t smell like like a late 80’s lower league footballer this time.

Seriously though, well done Ian, and cheers to Ben for putting on the raffle and all the entertainment it’s brought, especially over the past 24 hours!😃

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back