Raffle - Change of plan!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KegThat

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am trying something new!

Postage on 5x 25kg bags grain - £30 + vat and fuel surcharge (£38 ) (5 boxes)
(Bags range from £30-60 (25kg) depending on variety.. so in this initial raffle it will be for crisp malts only) These range from £30-50 per 25kg.
I will bag up all grains in 5kgs.

1kg hop raffle needs to bring in £55 to be profitible.

You will get 25x 5kg bags of whichever crisp malt bags you like. I am going to call this £300 valuation as there is a lot of unknowns in what people can pick.
If anyone thinks this is too expensive for what you get please let me know and I will rethink this! Perhaps can force certain quantity base malts etc.

60 tickets @ £5 is my idea.

2 Winners. 50kg grain. 1kg hops. 2 dry yeast sachets.
60 tickets - £5 each

Change of plan again! Lets do a £100 voucher raffle, £5 each, 20 tickets!

https://kegthat.com/product/100-voucher-raffle-1/

Last edited:
Hi Ben, I think this is a good idea. My only critique would be 125kg is a good amount to store. Maybe the same no and value of tickets but two winners at 60kg? (Or whatever the weight works out at with delivery etc)

Hi Ben, I think this is a good idea. My only critique would be 125kg is a good amount to store. Maybe the same no and value of tickets but two winners at 60kg? (Or whatever the weight works out at with delivery etc)
Yeah, I agree. I can just about cope with a 25kg sack of base malt plus a few bags of specialty malts, but no way I could store 125kg (or 60kg for that matter). I'm assuming it's all crushed too? Would need someone with a hell of a brew schedule to get through that lot!

I would third both of these opinions. With another alternative of less malt, more hops thrown into the mix. Knock of a couple of sacks and replace it with another half kilo of hops (or cost equivalent)
Yeah, I agree. I can just about cope with a 25kg sack of base malt plus a few bags of specialty malts, but no way I could store 125kg (or 60kg for that matter). I'm assuming it's all crushed too? Would need someone with a hell of a brew schedule to get through that lot!

Agree with the above. A lot of use those big blue bins for storing grain and a 25kg sack of crushed juuust fits in the bin with a little bit of room on top for some 500gm bags of speciality grains/crystal.
Storing 2 blue barrels is probably do-able for most.
So what others have said, 50kg max malt and make the rest up with hops and Crystal etc.

How about a set value voucher to spend on ingredients in your store. That way people could mix and match all they want for a set total cost. Means you’re not out of pocket and people don’t need to order 125kgs of malt at once.

Latest posts

Back