Range MYO APA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShaunK87

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’ve done a Range MYO APA kit, adding 1kg of beer kit enhancer and 250g of dark brown sugar. This gave me an OG of 1058. I rehydrated the yeast according to the method in John Palmers “how to brew”. It’s been in a brew fridge at 22 degrees, as per kit instructions, for 13 days now. The SG has been at 1014 since Wednesday (day 9) last checked yesterday morning. I’m pretty sure it’s ok to barrel but had a bad experience with a batch of stout earlier in the year.

I’ve seen other threads where people have had higher OG and lower FG.
I suppose I’m basically asking, is it ok to barrel? If so, great. If not, what can I do? I’ve never rehydrated yeast before and the kit does say to sprinkle on top..

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the FG has been constant for 4 days then it's finished. I would cold crash it for 2 days then barrel. I've not made this kit only the stout and I do not use the kit yeast, throw it away and buy either Fermentis S05 or CML Five instead.

If the FG has been constant for 4 days then it's finished. I would cold crash it for 2 days then barrel. I've not made this kit only the stout and I do not use the kit yeast, throw it away and buy either Fermentis S05 or CML Five instead.
I thought it might be done but you can never be too careful.. thanks for the advice regards the yeast too.

Quick question regards cold crashing.. it’s obvious in itself but I was wondering at what point I’d add priming solution? I’ve cold crashed in the FV. I was thinking let it get back to room temp and then siphon into pressure barrel?

Quick question regards cold crashing.. it’s obvious in itself but I was wondering at what point I’d add priming solution? I’ve cold crashed in the FV. I was thinking let it get back to room temp and then siphon into pressure barrel?
Exactly correct

Latest posts

Back