Raspberry and Lime Cider anyone? (bulmers clone)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peapodmaster

Regular.
Reaction score
Anyone know a good raspberry and lime cider recipe? one similar to bulmers's raspberry and lime cider if possible. i'm not sure about the ratios of lime to raspberries etc.
some pointers will be helpful please. even if its just how much Grams of raspberry to use to make 1 gallon.

Cheers

Andy

Granted, but the problem with something along the lines of a bulmers clone is that you need to bottle sweet, fizzy, clear cider, and that's difficult as hell at home when you go from scratch. You would need to brew a really thin boring cider, sweeten with raspberry and lime after fermentation with the yeast active, allow it to carbonate in the bottle and then pasteurize the bottles. Or brew a thin cider and have a raspberry and lime syrup on hand to pour into the glass.

I have the facility to brew all grain up to 2 gallons, but I'm not against a full extract brew or even kit beers - if it gets you a good keg of booze, then why not consider it? Those kits use a non fermentable flavour packet, so it's easy to bottle them like a normal cider and have a sweet fizzy cider. Still, that's just a suggestion, but it's the route i'd personally take :)

I would start a normal tc then in the second week rack off and add Lowiz raspberry syrup to taste leave for another week then bottle as usual. Then get some lime cordial and use when you pour.

Mark

Latest posts

Back