Raspberry cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cha

Reaction score
Hi I have 23L raspberry cider brewing for a week now how long should I leave it before bottling

Sorry...its final gravity...it's when your brew has finished fermentation.
You measure the Original Gravity to start and then your fg,one minus the other gives your abv... alcohol by volume.

Hi I have 23L raspberry cider brewing for a week now how long should I leave it before bottling

As a matter of interest, did you use real fruit raspberries, or a raspberry fruit syrup, or raspberry juice drink.
Could you list the ingredients and amounts you used?
I am always interested in different recipes.
I made a raspberry and mango TC recently, but that is still carbonating at the moment.

Raspberry and apple juice wine is very nice,So I can`t see any reason why a cider should not be nice also.

In my case I am talking about fresh picked raspberry's and carton apple juice.

You need quite alot of raspberry's though to get a good rose colour.

Good Raspberry Turbo Cider Recipe is:

21.5 litres of apple juice,
2 Bramley Apples pulped in a food processor,
1 litre of strong tea made from 10 tea bags of your choice,
yeast of your choice,
yeast nutrient,
1 x 400ml bottle of Lowicz Rasberry Syrup. It’s 84% sugar, so adds 336g of sugar to your brew, or approx 1% alcohol per bottle.

When it has finished fermenting (airlock has stopped bubbling) siphon it to a second vessel and taste. It is usually quite dry. Back sweeten if required, I don’t.

If you want more raspberry flavour, then batch prime for carbonation and bottling with 12ml of the same syrup per litre of final brew.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/263204408
I‘m going to add a tin of mango to the above as a first attempt at a Raspberry and Mango Turbo Cider.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/280710745

I‘m going to add a tin of mango to the above as a first attempt at a Raspberry and Mango Turbo Cider.
I made a raspberry and mango TC using Apple and Raspberry Juice, Apple and Mango Juice, Mango Juice, and 2 x bottles of Lowicz Raspberry Juice. WLP775 Yeast. Still conditioning so haven't tried it yet.
See under Cider Brew Days for all ingredients if your intereted.

As a matter of interest, did you use real fruit raspberries, or a raspberry fruit syrup, or raspberry juice drink.
Could you list the ingredients and amounts you used?
I am always interested in different recipes.
I made a raspberry and mango TC recently, but that is still carbonating at the moment.

I used real raspberry’s 2kg two kg sugar and 5grams of champagne yeast

Latest posts

Back