Raspberry pale ale help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BROADE

Reaction score
Sorry I always seem to be asking questions. I did a search but options were limited to search users name. Maybe different if I was at a pc screen.

I made some Indian pale ale. And was really impressed with it. So 2nd time round I was thinking of adding a slight raspberry flavor to it. Fresh raspberries. Would I boil these and add the stock to fermentation bucket at start or could I just put them in sliced. And when transfer to 2nd bucket make sure they strained out

What I did with fresh fruit in my ciders, was rinse 'm in sanitiser, then again with water, then mash 'm up and add them after primary fermentation mostly stopped (a week or so). Yeast should kick in again (yay sugars) and after another week rack to secondary, being very careful with the siphon to not get too much muck over. Coldcrash for a few days, rack to bottling vessel, and Bob's your uncle. I think you might need A LOT OF raspberries to get a bit of the taste into the IPA. More here.

Latest posts

Back