Raspberry wheat Raspberry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been brewing meads/melomels/fortified wines for a couple of years but following growing a glut of raspberries decided to give a raspberry beer a go. After a lot of reading I decided on the below recipie for 2 gallon yiels:

1.7kg black rock wheat malt extract
2 gallons bottled water
Mangrove jacks Belgian Wit yeast

Brew in primary for 7 days then add a raspberry syrup made by steeping 2lb raspberries in 600ml of water and 600g brown sugar before racking to secondary to finish fermentation and clear.

Does this sound a viable recipie?

I was considering adding a small amount of hops to the secondary but unsure if this would overpower the raspberries?

When I bottle I have some carbination drops left over from making cider, what would be a good level of carbonation for this?

Any thoughts appreciated!

Late addition, sounds good, if it's sterile.
I think you know way more of fruit additions than I do btw.
Mandarina Bavaria comes to mind as hop, my extremely limited imagination thinks it might be an addition to raspberries. Or, to go kinky: Polaris, for a hint of menthol.

It sounds like a fizzy drink, go for 8 grams per liter, assuming you have sturdy bottles.

Latest posts

Back