RasPiBrew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew4Fun

Reaction score
Hi All, is anyone out there using Stephen Smith's, rather excellent, RasPiBrew as a temperature controller? I have this set up to control heating and cooling on two fermenters, HLT, Mash Tun, chiller and 3 King Kegs. RasPiBrew is a program written in Python running on a Raspberry Pi computer. With a little tweaking it can control up to 12 channels. Temperature control on the fermenters is generally ±0.12°C with a full PID control.
I only ask because I'd like to develop the software further to use MySQL, rather than the xml file used, to load the all the information RaspIBrew needs to run and I'm no Python programmer; I'm hoping someone out there may have already had a play with the code?
If there is any interest, I'm happy to share the code modifications I've made (to allow it to control 8 vessels) and details of the hardware needed to make it work (photo attached).
IMG_2275.JPG

Wow hardcore!

Could use Fermentrack plus a nodeMCU or wemos module for each item you want to control.

Don't think there is a (reachable) limit to the number of units it can control.

Thanks Meza, I've had a quick look at Fermentrack. It looks interesting, I might install it and see how it works out. Luckily possible to just build a new Pi installation on a different SD card so I can revert to PasPiBrew if I need to.

I don't have one of these controllers, a while ago I tried to build one but terrible at hardware. As a data analyst I write python scripts and sql queries daily. This sounds interesting and I'd like to help if I can, would you be able to PM me the code?

Latest posts

Back