RAZORBACK IPA Question!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gonzalo

Reaction score
Hi all! :hat:
I'm brewing this kit (RAZORBACK IPA)..... :wink:
.... In 2 weeks fermenting I still watching all this sediments up in the beer, don't really see any of movement of the yeast.and my test gravity for today is 1.001 the original Gravity was 1.046. can this be correct?
I just need to wait more time, and wait for all the top sediments go to the bottom of my Bin?. this is the first time I made this brand and is the first time too, that take me a lot of time
I'm worried about the final gravity. because now is on 1001 is that normal?
Sorry for my Crappy english
I don't even put the hops inside I need to wait for the sediment to leave the top, no?
(I mean, in the instructions says "after first fermentation add the dry hops",but ima not really sure when right now...)

Hope Someone can reply!:pray::pray::pray::pray:
Cheers! :drink::drink:

Hello Gonzalo!

What temperature are you fermenting at? I would give it a few more days myself. I don't think there is anything wrong.

Cheers!

If your hydrometer reading is correct, it sounds like it is done - the FG in the kit instructions is 1.005. The hops need to be added for approx 5 days before bottling, so I would get them in now and that should be plenty of time for any final fermentation to finish up. When you come to bottle it's worth putting the FV somewhere cold to help settle the any sediment and suspended hops, but the mesh sock that came in the kit is really useful and stopped any hops from blocking my auto siphon.

My batch has only been the cold for a week since warm conditioning but I had a cheeky tester (just to make sure it had carbonated) and it was already a very testy brew - fantastic grapefruit and citrus taste and aroma.

If your hydrometer reading is correct, it sounds like it is done - the FG in the kit instructions is 1.005. The hops need to be added for approx 5 days before bottling, so I would get them in now and that should be plenty of time for any final fermentation to finish up. When you come to bottle it's worth putting the FV somewhere cold to help settle the any sediment and suspended hops, but the mesh sock that came in the kit is really useful and stopped any hops from blocking my auto siphon.

My batch has only been the cold for a week since warm conditioning but I had a cheeky tester (just to make sure it had carbonated) and it was already a very testy brew - fantastic grapefruit and citrus taste and aroma.

Nice!, so.... Still the Beer has a lot of foam, anyway I add the hops?...
I think now That I get another bucket, I'm going to use that Bin to put the beer trying not to transfer the foam or at least not all....and then add the hops.... u guys think that is ok if I do that?..... then wait another week whit the hops in the bin.....

I was really worried about the Gravity reading....from OG: 1046 to FG: 1001...I Mean this is the first time I get that reading! But smell Good and I take a little sample (a shot glass) to taste it...and well is Good, no sour taste or apple smell.

Is suppose that I use the little bag that comes with the kit to filter the hops when I transfer the beer to another bin no? after the priming sugar.

Thanks for the reply guys!

You can transfer to another FV, but foam (krausen) you can see on the surface is perfectly normal and will drop through the beer and settle on the bottom. Some people skim the krausen out of the FV as this is thought to improve the taste of the beer. I've never tried this as I think it's just another opportunity to introduce an infection in the brew.

Whatever you decide to do just make sure all your equipment is properly sterilised and try not to splash the beer or introduce any air into it as this could cause affect the taste.

Isn't 1.001 very low? I thought somewhere in the range of 1.005 to 1.010 was more "normal" for a beer when fermentation has finished?

Isn't 1.001 very low? I thought somewhere in the range of 1.005 to 1.010 was more "normal" for a beer when fermentation has finished?

That's why....I think is very low the OG: 1.046 and the FG: 1.001 I try with two different hidrometers that's so weird! Anyway taste great and I just add the hops yesterday so in 4 more days iam going to take another sample.
Thanks for the reply!

Latest posts

Back