Razorback IPA.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deggietec

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals.. New to the forum. Been brewing on and off a few year's now. I currently have one of these on the go it's bubbling nicely at around 24 gonna hop it in another couple of day's.

Welcome!

Also happen to have one of these on the go, added the dry hop on Monday and will keg it later on this week. Summer of IPAs for me :D

I've found it's better to let these kits finish fermenting completely (~2 weeks) and then add the hop pellets. If the fermentation is still too active when you add them the CO2 being produced can drive off the aroma. Dry hop for 3-5 days then keg / bottle. Supposedly you can get better results with a shorter dry hop, never quite understood why but I guess by the time the hop pellets have broken up and soaked up the beer then they've released all the goodness back into it, much like making a cup of tea, leave it too long and it gets stewed.

Mines still in stage 1 ferm , dry hopped it the other day and have just taken a sample out and it is 1006 at the mo which works out at about 5.7 abv from my O.G . I have just drank some ....well all of it from the tube and it tastes very good fruity and hoppy so once it,s bottled and corney kegged and carb up .........None of my mates are getting any ...

I've decided that this will be my next kit. Just need to actually get around to ordering it and then wait for my AIPA to vacate the fridge (which will be in another 2 weeks).

I've found it's better to let these kits finish fermenting completely (~2 weeks) and then add the hop pellets. If the fermentation is still too active when you add them the CO2 being produced can drive off the aroma. Dry hop for 3-5 days then keg / bottle. Supposedly you can get better results with a shorter dry hop...
I totally agree with Graz. After doing the Festival Landlord kit in June and finding the fermentation to take close on 3 weeks rather than the 10 days stated in the instructions, I let my Festival Razorback IPA kit almost ferment out, 2 weeks before adding the hops, and it is a much nicer brew with less of a sharp grassy taste. The Razorback is full of grapefruit flavour. I'd make one again.

Mine as just gone over the two week stage ,dry hopped five days ago , not any bubbling going on now will take another reading tomorrow, if it is holding Iwill rack it off and let sit for a few more days . Then bottle and keg.but like I said earlier it taste great already .

Hi.
Has anyone tried brewing it without the extra sugars that come with the kit? I really like that beer but sometimes fancy something with less alcohol.

Don,t fill the glass up as much , I made mine with spring water and let some of the hop bits syphon through , so it,s part of my five a day and if you drink enough it makes you pee clear ....winner alround in my books ....lol

Last night was the first chance I've had to start the kit off. Made a coffee, put the radio on and put it together. It's now in the brew fridge at 22ºC - no sign of any action yet but I'm hoping that when I get home from work it will have started doing its thing.

I plan to ferment it for 2/3 weeks, dry hop for 2/3 days and then bottle.

Really looking forward to trying this one given the positive reviews on here.

Just sat in my Pig .....pub in garden doing The weekly rounds of tasting the bottled beers to see how they are coming along , well the Razor Back as blown me away , so I will get a another one on the go , I did not brew short and it’s giving me a kick , full of flavour and a really nice rounded finish on the tongue, ..........Great .....

It's one to drink young. The fruit bomb lessens if left for a few weeks. Better check on mine again tonight...acheers.

Bottled my Razorback IPA today and am delighted to say that it was an amber colour and actually looked and smelt like beer (as opposed to my AIPA disaster on Friday evening). My confidence has been restored a bit.

When bottling my Razorback, I noticed that there were air bubbles in the beer which appeared to be because of a bad seal between the auto syphon and the plastic tubing. I was squeezing it as hard as I could to get a better seal, but I could see lots of bubbles going into the bottles.

Is this likely to spoil my beer?

When bottling my Razorback, I noticed that there were air bubbles in the beer which appeared to be because of a bad seal between the auto syphon and the plastic tubing. I was squeezing it as hard as I could to get a better seal, but I could see lots of bubbles going into the bottles.

Is this likely to spoil my beer?

It might not be air bubbles but CO2 being released from suspension in the beer due to the fv being moved etc. I often see bubbles rise to the surface of my beer in the fv after I think fermentation has finished and often in the siphon tube when transferring to the bottling bucket (sometimes almost fizzing!). It doesn't seem to affect the beer

Latest posts

Back