Razorback opa

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joiner_8

new to beer brewing
Reaction score
I am currently brewing a razorback ipa and about time to add the hops, the instructions say to add on day 5, I think that is a bit early.
So I was thinking about dry hopping on day 8 for 4 days then cold crashing to around 3 degs for 3 days then kegging and bottling, does that sound OK

Did you measure original gravity, have you measured gravity now ?
If not best leave it till day 14 to be safe and let yeast clear up after itself before dry hopping.
Instructions on kits are usually over optimistic on fermentation times, only way to be sure it's done though is to measure with a hydrometer.

Did you measure original gravity, have you measured gravity now ?
If not best leave it till day 14 to be safe and let yeast clear up after itself before dry hopping.
Instructions on kits are usually over optimistic on fermentation times, only way to be sure it's done though is to measure with a hydrometer.
Yes I did take an sg reading on the 28/12/21 which was 1.062, it's now down to 1.004 which I'm very pleased with
So do you think I should leave it until day 14, dry hop for 4 days the cold crash to 4 degs for 4 days, rack then bottle and keg.
Does that sound OK

Yes I did take an sg reading on the 28/12/21 which was 1.062, it's now down to 1.004 which I'm very pleased with
So do you think I should leave it until day 14, dry hop for 4 days the cold crash to 4 degs for 4 days, rack then bottle and keg.
Does that sound OK

Yeh, usually better to be patient.

Though if it's already at 1.004 I'd probably dry hop on day 10 ( which is when I will often take a reading if fermentation seems finished ).

Yeh, usually better to be patient.

Though if it's already at 1.004 I'd probably dry hop on day 10 ( which is when I will often take a reading if fermentation seems finished ).
Thanks mate, do you remove the airlock when cold crashing, is 4 degs OK to cold crash and leave at this temp for 3 days ps this is my first time cold crashing

Latest posts

Back