Reactivating/boosting fermentation after stopping at 1.020??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news. After implementing the advise of sugar/water mixture, 3 days in an airing cupboard @ 22-23C has got it down to 1.010. As per instructions, its ready for bottling.

Good advise. I'll let you know how it tastes as well shortly

You can't use 2 single can kits in a single brew as they both contain the hop extract needed, so your finished beer would be twice as hoppy as it should be. Probably way too much.
You can't but others can, "should be" is subjective opinion not a definitive rule, otherwise there would be just one beer style fits all;) According to the feedback in the beer kit review threads, there have been a few issues with using 2 cans of Cooper's Bitter kit, because of the hops (Pride of Ringwood) they use but there are numerous examples of members using 2 single can kits in a brew and no over-hopping issues. And there are many examples of members adding hops to a boil and/or dry hopping after fermentation has finished. I've dry hopped the Better Brew bitter kit and it was delicious.

You can't but others can, "should be" is subjective opinion not a definitive rule, otherwise there would be just one beer style fits all;) According to the feedback in the beer kit review threads, there have been a few issues with using 2 cans of Cooper's Bitter kit, because of the hops (Pride of Ringwood) they use but there are numerous examples of members using 2 single can kits in a brew and no over-hopping issues. And there are many examples of members adding hops to a boil and/or dry hopping after fermentation has finished. I've dry hopped the Better Brew bitter kit and it was delicious.

Well obviously you can but it would still be twice as hoppy. Though if you used a kit like Tom Caxtons dark real ale, which comes with a sachet of `hop enhancer' so you can adjust the hoppiness of your beer you could simply put less in to keep the hoppiness reasonable. But there again in my LHBS most decent 1 can kits cost around £15 so your finished brew would have cost you £30, which is way more than a decent 2 can kit even if you've bought it off the internet and have had to pay postage. So what's the point ?

Well obviously you can but it would still be twice as hoppy. Though if you used a kit like Tom Caxtons dark real ale, which comes with a sachet of `hop enhancer' so you can adjust the hoppiness of your beer you could simply put less in to keep the hoppiness reasonable. But there again in my LHBS most decent 1 can kits cost around £15 so your finished brew would have cost you £30, which is way more than a decent 2 can kit even if you've bought it off the internet and have had to pay postage. So what's the point ?
Using 2 single cans of Cooper's stout kit doesn't double the hoppiness.

What's the point of using 2 single cans in a brew instead of a 2 hooped can kit? The others who have done that to their great satisfaction, can answer for themselves.
If you are introducing another factor, the financial cost argument, I don't have the option of buying a 2 can kit and a can of LME is 20% more expensive as a single kit can.
I just threw in a question into the mix here, not wishing to diversify the attenuation discussion.
When using two single cans in a brew, would my chances of achieving satisfactory attenuation be greater, if I use the available 2 sachets of yeast in the recipe?
I

Back