Ready to bottle ;)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhackyLlama

Reaction score
Hi All

Ready to bottle up my first batch of home brew😁, the kit I purchased from Wilko says that I should put the bottles in a warm place for two days then a cool place for 14.

this lovely warm weather unfortunately has left me with verycool places to store over 20 bottles of beer, would they be ok stored warm and chill them down closer to drinking time or do they need the 14 days of constant cold?

Hello!

I'm no expert, and without seeing your instructions, but I think that he warm place is needed to help carbonate your bottles and then the cold place is 'needed' to help the yeast/sediment to drop to the bottom.

On my first brew I just stored my bottles in the coolest room in the house for a couple of weeks and it worked fine. Maybe a cool cupboard might work?

Good luck!

You should leave them in a warm place for 2 weeks to carbonate, then somewhere cold to condition. The cooler the better, but I take your point, this weather makes it difficult. The coldest room or cupboard will work, might just take longer to condition and clear.

Latest posts

Back