Ready to get the G70 but what else is needed? -- Help please :)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First brew going really well. bloody hate the rubber gaskets on the two discs though. They kept falling off as i pushed them into place

Yep, they do! You'll find a way around it. I started a thread about it somewhere. If you haven't already got one, I'd also suggest that you get a false bottom, particularly if you do lots of late hop additions. Enjoy the brew day. What you making?

I moved to a stainless fermenter a while ago (still using fridge for temp control) and I have to say that, in my opinion, it has had a quite noticable affect on the quality of my beer. I believe my beer now smells and tastes cleaner and the flavours I'm after stand out more. It could just be a placebo, of course, but it has certainly been worth the money - I got one of the Klarstein ones for about £80.
That’s interesting, I thought they would be too big to go in a fridge or freezer hence one of the reasons I didn’t consider getting one, perhaps I’ll have a look now, cheers

That’s interesting, I thought they would be too big to go in a fridge or freezer hence one of the reasons I didn’t consider getting one, perhaps I’ll have a look now, cheers
Certainly taller than the average plastic fv. Don't go getting one without measuring first. But if you can fit it in, I'd recommend one.

Latest posts

Back