Really cold night tonight

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeBusby

Reaction score
Don’t forget to bring all your beer inside this evening. I am in the south east, and they are forecasting it to be -8C, which is surely going to be cold enough to freeze our beers.

Me too.

I keep a max/min thermometer on top of my bottle stash in the garage, got down to -6c last night near Malvern. What temp does beer freeze at?
I did a Google search and found a couple of websites that indicated that average strength beer would start to freeze at -3C. It was just under that in my shed last night and the beer was OK, but I am not taking a chance with -8C.

Would those that decide to leave it outside report back if it survived, please?

A positively tropical 7.5 in our garage at the mo. I hasten to add it’s attached to the house (and next doors garage) and so the only exposed bit is the door. Perfect cellar temperature!

On a plus note it'll save me putting the Summer Breeze into the brew fridge for cold crash..
I switched the heat pad off this morning and took away the insulation and the hops have already dropped.

Having refit my brew-shed specifically to give me better temperature control, I’m pleased to say I’m now getting the benefits. 🥳

76D9552E-701F-4C93-AA7F-45EA3A8DFD9C.jpeg

Latest posts

Back