Really need to bottle more beers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean_Mc

Regular.
Reaction score
I've two brews fermenting at the moment needing transferring next week and hopefully coinciding with two cornies being ready next week, but I need 10 bottles with cornies only holding 19.5ltr....IYSWIM

So tonight thought I'd drink a couple of bottles I did when I started AG, MD's recipe Poltergiest Porter.
Now it was good in the corny, out of a bottle though its bloody good.

Will have to start pestering the neighbours again :D

Another option it to talk to your local pub about getting their empties. I've done this with a local pub near to me, got a deal ongoing now that I bring him a bottle or two of whatever im brewing and tell him what type of bottles I need. Go back the week after and he will have collected 10-20 of them for me (Depends on how busy his pub is). Nice trade, I get all the types of bottles I need from him (Just wine bottles at the minute ..)

Dropped him off a Belgium beer and a very good rose yesterday, heading back on Sunday afternoon to get some empties :D

Only downside is having to remove the labels etc, but even then that's easy with some water and a chisel/steel wool combination!

Latest posts

Back