Recipe check - Use it up, American Pale Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinky

Regular.
Reaction score
Im doing a brew at the weekend with my neighbour, so this has to turn out good! I am using up what hops I have left in the freezer.... I do have the following:
Simcoe 90g
Ekanout 54g
Williamette 90g
Galaxy 25g
Perle 15g
Magnum 14g

Decided not to use it all, went with Magnum for bittering, then late 1 minute additions of Ekuanot and Simcoe, then a big dose of Simcoe for dry hoping as well as smaller amounts of Galaxy (I love the hop but it is a powerfull beast!) and Ekuanot.
For the grain bill, I went with 70% Golden Promise, 20% Vienna (to give some complexity/malt to the brew) and 6% carapils for a wee bit of sweetness and body and finally the usual 100g (2%)of wheat for head retention

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/649426/use-it-up-may18

Last edited:
I really like the look of the recipe - great hop combo:thumb:
Although I reckon you'll get more bitterness out of the 1 min additions that the software suggests

Cheers, I reckon I will get more bitterness from the 1min additions as well but I have 2 thoughts here..... the magnum for the 60min buttering is a little old, maybe a couple of months so won’t give quite as much as the software suggests and the IBU is a little low anyway I feel, so a few more IBU’s won’t hurt (I hope...)

Back