Recipe Search (Fed Special)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spanners

Reaction score
Back in the 70’s onward in the north of England clubs they used to serve a beer called “Federation Special Ale” (from Northern Clubs Federation Brewery). I have a variation of this recipe but I'm trying to trace the version from Graham Wheeler’s First Edition of “Brew your own British Real Ale”, apparently it was only in this first edition, I own the third edition of this book and they have dropped the entry. As an avid admirer of Graham Wheeler clones I would like to try his version.
As far as I can remember it was a nice pint in the day, I did taste it in the clubs at the time but can’t for the life of me remember how it tasted.
I would be interested to hear from anyone who has tried Graham's recipe and anyone who could supply his recipe to me either on here or by PM?

Thank's Clint I think I know the post your referring to but it's incomplete, whats the EBU's, Gavity's, ABV etc, a bit more info would be of help.

Latest posts

Back