Recommend a bottle filler (from corny keg)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought one of these from MM. Yet to try it but looks and feels like a solid piece of kit. Not cheap at £75, but I've realised that in this hobby you only really get what you pay for. Buy cheap and you buy twice; or spend a lot of time and money trying to improve the design on something that's ***** from the offset. ...
That looks corkingly good. £75? It's cheaper than the Pegas taps I suggested and appears to be more versatile (it is quite a faff setting the Pegas tap up for a new beer).

(EDIT: Faff? Well not really: Sanitise (in-situ) the tap's beer-line and disconnect, swap the keg's disconnects for the tap's, set the regulator (dedicated to tap) and off I go. But that's faff by comparison and the tap had to be carefully installed to work like that.).

Last edited:
That looks corkingly good. £75? It's cheaper than the Pegas taps I suggested and appears to be more versatile (it is quite a faff setting the Pegas tap up for a new beer).

(EDIT: Faff? Well not really: Sanitise (in-situ) the tap's beer-line and disconnect, swap the keg's disconnects for the tap's, set the regulator (dedicated to tap) and off I go. But that's faff by comparison and the tap had to be carefully installed to work like that.).
Aye and I think it's £68ish direct from the supplier in Norway!

Your definition of faff is the same as mine! Hated trying to sanitise stuff with the v1 beer gun, trying to tear the lines off my QD's and such, no use. This thing I can drop in a bucket of sanitiser, shove it in the tap, then connect up my CO2 line that dangles down the side of the FV.

Yet to use it, so hopefully it's as good as it looks!

Hi @Tunabeast
Use a carbonation cap with a hose barb attachment and a length of beer line that will reach to the bottom of the bottle. Cut the end at 45° to avoid the line getting impeded by the bottle base.
After that, this video covers everything else:
You might also want to look at this video - longer but informative:

Tried the carbonation cap last night and worked a treat - cheap and effective, thanks.

Latest posts

Back