Recommend a brewery tap.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottyburto

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all

I was gonna start a thread asking for brewery tap recommendations in and around St Albans and thought it would be interesting for others if people had any great experiences that they'd like to share.

Me and my wife are visiting St Albans at the end of May for our anniversary. She has chosen to visit Hogwarts on the Friday 🤷‍♂️ and I opted for a brewery on the Saturday afternoon. Currently I'm looking at the Mad Squirrel as it's walking distance from our hotel and currently reviewing 4.7/5 on Google and 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor.

Any alternative suggestions or generally things to do in and around St Albans is greatly appreciated.

Scott

I've lived in Derby for nearly 10 years and I'm sure it's a crime to have never visited the national brewery center in Burton.

I have a lot of time for Shiny Brewery I haven't visited their tap but have been to their pub (The Furnace)a few times and always had a quality pint with good variety of old and new styles.

Mr Grundys microbrewery and tavern is a great venue with what I'd describe as classic ale styles in fitting with the wartime branding.

In these 'stay safe' times I can wholeheartedly recommend the Tollgates tap at the 'Milking Parlour'. (On a nice sunny afternoon). Its outside area is large with building on all four sides so well protected from the wind. Its situated on National Trust land part of the Calke estate. Great walks through the estate and the roads/tracks good for cycling - I was there yesterday.
I would endorse the NBC at Burton too. A friend was manager there for several years.
Recent website relating to its history
https://www.nbcarchives.co.uk

Latest posts

Back