recommend a Co2 regialator, please.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
Took me ages to finally get my co2 tank filled, and I thought it be easy from then on!
No chance, always something to fix or buy.
Anyways, found my regulator not functioning (like me!).
TBH it was a PITA anyways, and now as you can see with a full tank, visually it ****.
XX80c9X.jpg

So i need to get another one ASAP.
Didn't like the dial set up. and now know the readings were totally wrong.
this has gas feed underneath.
kD9sGpC.jpg

Can anyone recommend one with the grey gas fitting like mine, so it'll be a quick setup?
Thank you.
Bri

Hi Bri
Not seen you around lately, thought you might have gone to the great FV in the sky.
Did that regulator ever work, it looks to me like the gauges are the wrong way round, ie the one on the left should be the low pressure side, if that's the case the gauge on the right will be knackered now anyway.
If you speak to the likes of Malt Miller or Brew UK they'll probably be able to supply a reg with the 3/8" John Guest fitting already on.
Good luck.

Bri

image.jpg
If you want to pony up a few quid then the micro matic ones are the nuts if you want to mount them remotely.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 144
… Did that regulator ever work, it looks to me like the gauges are the wrong way round, ie the one on the left should be the low pressure side, if that's the case the gauge on the right will be knackered now anyway. …
Probably right-way-round, here's what looks like the direct replacement (with fancy splitter) from Angel Home-brew (https://www.angelhomebrew.co.uk/en/kegging/302-dual-gauge-gas-regulator-with-y-spliiter.html):
dual-gauge-gas-regulator-with-y-spliiter.jpg
Personally I consider all these single-stage CO2 cylinder regulators as "Neanderthal". But I know my alternative setup can also be considered as "lunatic fringe". (Note I am nice to myself and consider I'm on the "fringe" and not that I'm just a complete "lunatic" like everyone else thinks).

I've got a "Neanderthal" regulator I don't use if stuck for a (very cheap) replacement? I've tried giving it away recently, but I'm still lumbered with it.

Now RLBS all the way;
Primary: https://rlbs.ltd.uk/co2-primary-gas-bottle-regulator-bottle-mount-with-2-gauges.html
Secondary: https://rlbs.ltd.uk/v3002g-secondar...ith-pass-through-wall-mount-with-1-gauge.html
+ Plug for the pass through all onto JG and then beer line to the cornies.
All CE certified and food grade. .
Used this on my new portable event bar and it was perfect

Hollow m8,
Sorry been under the radar.
In the New year might give you a shout of this setup.
As you know i'm a bit dim using my nonce!!! kind of get it...
Happy Xmas n all that pal.
Bri

View attachment 15781 If you want to pony up a few quid then the micro matic ones are the nuts if you want to mount them remotely.
Where did you get your Micro Matic regulator from? They're not listed on the UK website so I've dropped them an email to ask but wondered if you've found another stockist.

The Italian one that Malt Miller sells is the one I have. No issues so far, coming up on one year of constant use. I've seen cheaper ones out there but you pay for what you get, as they say.

E9I9HZr.gif

Hallow lads n lasses.
Just revisiting my old threads,,,,yeahhh you guessed it im re-starting kegging again.
aheadbutt
MAYBE OVER THINKING!! (HARD TO DO WITH MY SMALL 🧠)

Well as most know my brain isn't so good, and even though ive had setups befor, for me the 'Skill Fade' is prob a week lol unless i get confused-info overload,
What grips my watchits watch an old video to refresh my memory....made it worse.
From our David Heath.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED
Cornelius or “Corny” style keg 5 ft – 3/16” Inner Diameter (I.D.)Beer Line
3 ft – 5/16” Inner Diameter (I.D.)Beer Line
3 ft – 5/16” Inner Diameter (I.D.) Gas Line*
5/16" to 3/16" reducer
Gas-In (Gray) Quick Disconnect
Beverage-Out (Black) Quick Disconnect
Handheld faucet or other picnic tap
Co2 Tank
Co2 Regulator
Refrigerator

Now i know there's hundreds of variations on 3/8,5/16 and all that jazz, best lines etc. (comes with experience i supposed)but i forgot my infoasad1
finding a 5/16'' co2 gas regulator is starting to confuse me.....3 ft – 5/16” Inner Diameter (I.D.) Gas Line*

make it worse,As the ones i found like the Malt Miller ones 3/8th!!!!
heN4aHY.jpg

And to prove something crazy, i actually set up loads od co2 corniys in the past.
But alas no memorys lol
T3gR0FM.jpg

DWgNiWc.jpg

All i can remember with this reg, it was faulty and got binned.
ZPjIqp3.jpg

kD9sGpC.jpg

XX80c9X.jpg

TBH im starting to go doon the 'Rabbit Hole' again....do u agree?
WIwvUdP.jpg

ALL TOO KLINGON FOR ME 6AM SUNDAY MORN LOL.
BGSleVn.jpg

Mind still laugh about myself...
OTZC9n9.jpg

Lataz, any pics links be apreciated (yes CLINT Déjà vu know what i mean?

Morning lads n lasses,
I just kept away looking at the mess i made for mysel (AGAIN!) by using my 🧠🤕..angettingbg mysel confuses and brain shut down.
They say (don't think this right lol) a piture paints a thousand words!!
So to that end, even with my pld threads it wasnt until stumbleded on a youtube vid showing his beer lines setup!!
BOOOOSH! seconds in all came back to me.
Brian Aged 5.5 year old..
okwAr3M.jpg

I kept saying it theres was loads ways, line sizes etc, but i need to find what worked for me in the past!!
And of couse stopping me on line buying..asad.
Anyhoo..ill leave it there, theres be more heed scraching im sure in my other threads, as im aiming to buy a Fermzilla n all the bits and bobs.
:laugh8:clapaathumb..
Bri

Thanks m8.
I actually bought it! Lol
Not a big fan on the tap, but it’s going to be used on a second keg, and the better tap on the other.
But in time I’ll set up the tank to operate both.
Progress is slow due to Car needed jobs in it and MOT this safta..
Always something 😂
Mind got brand new 19l Corny under £80.
And my ‘online shopping’ was painless..as you know I’m a Guru..NOT!!
Bri

Back