Recommend me a beer kit 🍺

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingtj64

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Going to place an order with brew2bottle, going for a Wherry and maybe 2 more for brewing over the summer.

I have got some Range Dark Berry Cider & just done Festival Belgium Dubbel.
Apart from those I have made the following;
Woodfordes Bure Gold & Wherry (twice)
Wilko Winter Ale, Cerveza, First Gold IPA (twice) Sweet Newkie Brown & Thirsty Red Devil.
Mangrove Jack's Craft Series - American IPA
Cooper's Lager

All where perfectly drinkable apart from Cooper's Lager & Wilko's Cerveza ( but that was probably my fault as did Cooper's kit as instructions said (my 1st brew) & moved the Cerveza from brew fridge to cold after only 5 days) normally follow the 2,2,2 method.

Thanks

Hi guys,

Going to place an order with brew2bottle, going for a Wherry and maybe 2 more for brewing over the summer.

I have got some Range Dark Berry Cider & just done Festival Belgium Dubbel.
Apart from those I have made the following;
Woodfordes Bure Gold & Wherry (twice)
Wilko Winter Ale, Cerveza, First Gold IPA (twice) Sweet Newkie Brown & Thirsty Red Devil.
Mangrove Jack's Craft Series - American IPA
Cooper's Lager

All where perfectly drinkable apart from Cooper's Lager & Wilko's Cerveza ( but that was probably my fault as did Cooper's kit as instructions said (my 1st brew) & moved the Cerveza from brew fridge to cold after only 5 days) normally follow the 2,2,2 method.

Thanks
I would strongly recommend MJ JIPA (Juicy IPA) and MJ Irish Red Ale (uses EKG as dry hop). Had a good few pints of MJ Brut IPA also. I brew AG and kits and recommend these kits 100% (can you tell I like MJ kits :laugh8:)

I've moved onto AG recently but I can highly recommend MJ juicy ipa and festival new zealand pilsner, I've done both twice . In fact doing another juicy ipa tomorrow along with an all grain kit I have.

Added a MJ juicy IPA (with 1.2kg Pure Liquid Malt Extract)

Thinking maybe a Festival Summer Glory, Golden Stag or Old Suffolk Strong ?

I did the wilko stout as a toucan (two cans, no sugar to my normal 20 ish litre), which I then primed with dark soft brown sugar. I also dry hopped with 50g of Northdown hops for 4 days before bottling.

That was a very very drinkable beer, I've actually still got two bottle squirreled away when I was giving away more of my other kit beers.

Thinking maybe a Festival Summer Glory, Golden Stag or Old Suffolk Strong ?

I'd give the Old Suffolk Strong a swerve, if I were you. I love dark ales, but this one was overpowered by the dreaded twang. For a great dark ale kit kit, head over to Love Brewing and pick one from their own range - they're consistently excellent. From that patch I can also recommend the Golden Rocket Strong Ale, the Dark Belgian Strawberry Ale and the Double American IPA (treat with caution).

Festival Summer Glory and Golden Stag are both good, as is the Landlord clone they do. Also, as said above, you can't really go wrong with the MJ Craft kits I've done JIPA, Raspberry Berliner Weiss, Grapefruit IPA. All terrific.

I've also heard great things about the Tiny Rebel Cwtch (a welsh red ale). This is next on my list.

I'd give the Old Suffolk Strong a swerve, if I were you. I love dark ales, but this one was overpowered by the dreaded twang. For a great dark ale kit kit, head over to Love Brewing and pick one from their own range - they're consistently excellent. From that patch I can also recommend the Golden Rocket Strong Ale, the Dark Belgian Strawberry Ale and the Double American IPA (treat with caution).

Festival Summer Glory and Golden Stag are both good, as is the Landlord clone they do. Also, as said above, you can't really go wrong with the MJ Craft kits I've done JIPA, Raspberry Berliner Weiss, Grapefruit IPA. All terrific.

I've also heard great things about the Tiny Rebel Cwtch (a welsh red ale). This is next on my list.

Thanks, have read good things about Tiny Rebel Cwtch & was actually looking on lovebrewing last night at there own kits.
Thinking of the President's Sierra American Pale Ale.

So thanks guys,

Looking like;
Tiny Rebel Cwtch
President's Sierra American Pale Ale
& Festival Summer Glory from lovebrewing.

Pretty much all been covered already, Cwtch is superb.

If you enjoy a Weiss / Wheat beer then the Festival German Weiss is very good. I'd also mention the Young's American beer range, the IPA is the standout kit but I've really enjoyed the others too including the Mocha Porter, Oaked Rum Ale, and Pale Ale: American Beers - Beer Kits

Beerworks Sheepdog's Pride Suffolk Bitter from Lovebrewing is what came in the kit I bought when I restarted my brewing career earlier in the year and I love it. I've made it twice, one brew kegged, one bottled, both equally impressive. I have tried a variety of others since but I've just started my third brew. Give it a go.

Latest posts

Back