Recommend me a low alcohol (1% or less) commercial brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got around to trying Guiness 0.0 this week and was very pleasantly surprised. It was dispensed (in a pub) from a can in a pouring contraption that automatically tilted the glass, quite a good marketing spectacle. The end result looked exactly like the real guiness my friend was drinking. The mouthfeel was indistinguishable - the characteristic creamy head, etc. The taste wasn't exactly the same, but the roasty, malty flavour was definitely present. I was happy to have two (driving) and could have stood more. Bit odd not getting the alcohol buzz. Recommended.

I'm doing dry January at the moment (shudder) but have sneaked in a few 0.5%ers whilst in Tescos. Have to say they're a good way to cut down your drinking - you'll never reach for a second one and that's a fact.
Not beer but last night tried a bottle of Stowford Press 0.5% cider. And it was actually nice. Tasted like cider. So for the rest of the month I'll be sticking to this and giving low alcohol beers a miss.

ghost ship is the best i have tried i have also tried doombar, speckled hen and brewdog but was disappointed with those three

Back