recommendation for kegerator

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson1984

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all,

so, after finishing my home bar...we decided to move :)

i'm currently planning our new garden pub which will live in a log cabin type thing.

I want to have 3/4 things on tap and hold another 3/4 in keg conditioning. Ideally this will be via 2 undercounter type units.

I've seend the Kegland Series X which would seem to be ideal for the serving side of things, but wondered if there's a similar product I can just build onto myself.

Last time around I had a 390ltr chest freezer under the counter on casters, which pulled out - nice but damned heavy and i'm trying to reduce this time around.

having two undercounter fridges means I can merely open the door and change out the keg. Simple.

anyone know of any under counter fridges that'll take 4 x 19l kegs?

Hi all,

so, after finishing my home bar...we decided to move :)

i'm currently planning our new garden pub which will live in a log cabin type thing.

I want to have 3/4 things on tap and hold another 3/4 in keg conditioning. Ideally this will be via 2 undercounter type units.

I've seend the Kegland Series X which would seem to be ideal for the serving side of things, but wondered if there's a similar product I can just build onto myself.

Last time around I had a 390ltr chest freezer under the counter on casters, which pulled out - nice but damned heavy and i'm trying to reduce this time around.

having two undercounter fridges means I can merely open the door and change out the keg. Simple.

anyone know of any under counter fridges that'll take 4 x 19l kegs?
I have searched far and wide and no - no under counters that will fit 4. There was one that I did see that would fit 3 of the new, slimline cornys at a push. For 3+ kegs the best option I have found is a tall larder fridge which will easily for 3-4, or a chest freezer as you have described. The problem with under counter fridges is the hump for the condenser which reduces the height available four about 50% of the footprint.

Hmm might have to plump for a kegland one then. They take 4 then perhaps something else to condition stuff that’s not on tap…. Expensive option but don’t want a million fridges and I’ve got a larder fridge for fermenting

Have 2. Put a double tap on each coming up through the counter top and use any extra space in each fridge to store a spare keg or bottles. You could probably rig a regulator between the two.

Or you can wait a little, until the series x plus arrive to the UK. That holds 8kegs and if I remember correctly only 110 cm wide.

See this was the old bar, I made the tap tower from 2” pipe section, I’ll do something similar this time around too just want something that’s not a huge chest freezer so yeah a couple of undercounted or this new series x sounds cool

Attachments

• 2A3B68C3-C722-44B2-A210-437732BF0D14.jpeg
    2A3B68C3-C722-44B2-A210-437732BF0D14.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 34
If the fridges will be hidden, why not look 2nd hand? I managed to buy a working fridge for £10 on Facebook marketplace. Albeit a tiny bit of rust on the outside door, but nothing a bit of Rustoleum can't fix. Plus most under counter fridges will require slight modifications if using old style 19L corneys, and it would be less painful to hack a 2nd hand fridge door.

Yeah I think i'll end up going that way in all reality....SWMBO would go mad if I spend £500 odd on a fridge lol. I think I can make it work with normal undercounter fridges. Just need to get it built and crack on. Miss having my pub

Latest posts

Back