Redditch Worcestershire brewers?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PorterA

Reaction score
Hi I've been lurking a while.
Any Redditch brewers still about on here? Seen some posts back in 2019 and 2020.
Getting first corny for Christmas if I've been a good boy, so finally getting away from bottles.
Cheers,
Andy

Hi Andy, also a lurker for a while. I first brewed about ten years ago, but only really started properly this autumn.

I'm not in Redditch, but just down the road from you in Alcester

Ah only a stone's throw. What's your story? How long have you been brewing? What's your setup etc?

Try the Worcestershire homebrew club if you want to meet more local brewers. Regular monthly meets and occasional zoom meets too. Friendly and knowledgeable bunch. I’m in lower moor and there’s a guy in Evesham. Maybe a few closer to you but I’m not sure

Ah only a stone's throw. What's your story? How long have you been brewing? What's your setup etc?
On and off for about 10 years. I started out with kit brews with varying degrees of success, then switched to making cider only for several years and got back into making beer last year. My first all grain brew was middle of last year and have about half a dozen batches under my belt since then, so still very much a beginner and learning the ropes. How long have you been brewing?

My current setup is a BIAB with a basic 30L Burco/ACE boiler, fridge plus inkbird in the garage. I could see myself upgrading the boiler and switching to kegging once I've got a few more brews under my belt. What do you use?

Last edited:
I'm in it 4 years but I'm still on kits. Did one BIAB but I've got a young family and can't afford the time on it. Got the kits tasting decent with temp control and avoiding oxidation etc. Got a corny for Christmas with muntons flagship hazy IPA on which is loverly. I asked Purity if they'd fill the keg but it was a no unfortunately.
Have you been to the weatheroak tap in studley?

I'm just a few miles away in Bromsgrove. I returned to home brewing about 5 years ago after a long hiatus. I am now brewing professionally for a pub. The only trouble is that I now struggle to find the time to brew at home.

I'm in it 4 years but I'm still on kits. Did one BIAB but I've got a young family and can't afford the time on it. Got the kits tasting decent with temp control and avoiding oxidation etc. Got a corny for Christmas with muntons flagship hazy IPA on which is loverly. I asked Purity if they'd fill the keg but it was a no unfortunately.
Have you been to the weatheroak tap in studley?

I've read some very good reviews of the hazy IPA, so sounds like it should turn out very nicely. Shame about Purity not filling the keg though. Have you found a good supply of CO2 for the keg locally?

I've not been to the Weatheroak Tap in Studley, but must have driven past hundreds of times. Is it good?

Hi Andy, I'm in Alvechurch. Used to do all grain but space and equipment constraints mean I'm back on the kits ATM. Hope to get brew space sorted out this summer though. lots of good tap rooms around our area to explore too.
cheers
Ian

I've read some very good reviews of the hazy IPA, so sounds like it should turn out very nicely. Shame about Purity not filling the keg though. Have you found a good supply of CO2 for the keg locally?

I've not been to the Weatheroak Tap in Studley, but must have driven past hundreds of times. Is it good?
I've not been either but will do soon. Never did like weatheroak beers but I'll try them again.
I got the CO2 from hobbybrew in Balsall Common, only half an hour away.
When's your next brew day?

Hi Andy, I'm in Alvechurch. Used to do all grain but space and equipment constraints mean I'm back on the kits ATM. Hope to get brew space sorted out this summer though. lots of good tap rooms around our area to explore too.
cheers
Ian
Hi, alvechurch is a nice area. Have you been to that craft beer pub in tardebigge court? What tap rooms are there you'd recommend?

I've not been either but will do soon. Never did like weatheroak beers but I'll try them again.
I got the CO2 from hobbybrew in Balsall Common, only half an hour away.
When's your next brew day?
That's a handy tip. I'd looked around and couldn't find anywhere closer than Sutton Coldfield, but knowing there's a gas so close might spur me into getting a keg etc.

Most likely late Feb/early March for my next brew day, as I'm having some building work done at home soon so might have my hands full for a few weeks. I've got a Belgian Single/Patersbier in the fermenter at the moment and think I'll do a Witbier next. What's next for you after the Hazy IPA?

Im hoping to get brewspace working in next couple of weeks. Then brewing bitters/ipas mostly. Tap room wise Stirchley is good theres Attic , Bimingham brewery and Glasshouse.

Im hoping to get brewspace working in next couple of weeks. Then brewing bitters/ipas mostly. Tap room wise Stirchley is good theres Attic , Bimingham brewery and Glasshouse.

Thanks I'll check those out 👍

That's a handy tip. I'd looked around and couldn't find anywhere closer than Sutton Coldfield, but knowing there's a gas so close might spur me into getting a keg etc.

Most likely late Feb/early March for my next brew day, as I'm having some building work done at home soon so might have my hands full for a few weeks. I've got a Belgian Single/Patersbier in the fermenter at the moment and think I'll do a Witbier next. What's next for you after the Hazy IPA?

Just another kit next, muntons APA.
Going to try to do an oxygen free transfer to see how that affects flavours. I'm thinking of using a pressure barrel as the FV then transfer into the corny via the beer line out of the corny.

Back